I don't think the won, but were consistently 2nd or 3rd from 59-62 ... along with Carver, Springfield and Shelton ...

Their biggest "almost" upset though happened t the 62 AL States where they bested Los Cabs in most captions ... ahhhh ... the trickery of the 60's ....

:-)

ps - the southernmost of the NE Circuit corps was the Jersey Devils from Bordentown

They also beat Sky at a show, I think Lewisburg(?). Had been a bone of contention between that drummer and one Mr. Gus Wilke forever!

• Like 1

I'm just trying to connect the dots here...

Mob + Jersey = Boardwalk Empire

That, plus Northeastern Circuit...equals????

Wait! It must be the Atlantic City Amboys!

I fear this is not working as well as it might, and I am less Poirot than I am Clouseau, mes amis. N'est pas?

Ouevre le fromage, mon ami...

They also beat Sky at a show, I think Lewisburg(?). Had been a bone of contention between that drummer and one Mr. Gus Wilke forever!

This is the only score I could find for Skay and Amboy at the same show in 62:

Saturday June 9, 1962 Hershey PA VFW

Position Corps Score

1 Reading Buccaneers 86.761

2 Yankee Rebels 85.523

3 Archer-Epler Musketeers 85.226

4 New York Skyliners 85.088

5 Amboy Dukes 80.705

I know that Shelton beat NY twice in 62 but never heard the Amboy or any other NE Circuit corps beat them that yesr ...

Edited by ajlisko

I always thought "The Outerbridge Crossing" was so named because it was the bridge furthest from say Brooklyn, making it "the Outer Bridge" until one day I had ridden my motorcycle from Philly and stopped errr adjust my gear when I got to the bridge and here was a plaque saying the bridge was dedicated to some guy named "Bob Outerbridge"... How weird.

Next I'll find out the Brooklyn Bridge is named after Brooklyn Decker or somebody.

Just don't tell me there's some politician named "59th Street" that they named a bridge after...

From Wikipedia:

"The bridge was named for Eugenius Harvey Outerbridge, the first chairman of the then-Port of New York Authority and a resident of Staten Island."

• Like 1

Next you're gonna tell me the Verrazano was named after some Italian explorer. Sheesh.

Everybody knows the Hellgate was named after the Immaculate Conception Hellgaters Drum and Bugle Corps. Jack McGuinness swears to that.

Good one ... but if you're wondering why the Kosciuszko Bridge was name after a Polak, it's because it was supposed to be a tunnel!!!!!

• Like 3

But he didn't live on the WESt side of the bridge............

Edited by Fossil50

Good one ... but if you're wondering why the Kosciuszko Bridge was name after a Polak, it's because it was supposed to be a tunnel!!!!!

This might be the last venue on the planet you could write that without being interrogated on CNN or becoming an Anchor on Fox News.

And yes, it's funny.

But he didn't live on the WESt side of the bridge............

Up until now I've been Mired in confusion, but perhaps it's clearing up?

From Wikipedia:

"The bridge was named for Eugenius Harvey Outerbridge, the first chairman of the then-Port of New York Authority and a resident of Staten Island."

OK, Gene, Bob, what's the difference? Sue me for a first name! Still interesting.