poprocks

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

Wow.

Immaturity truly knows no bounds
If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. ~Gustav Mahler

#42 84skyrydr

84skyrydr

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

I agree about Phantom 03 being overrated. Most people realize the visuals are a little sloppy, but from a musical standpoint they had a lot of brass intonation issues and the guard was bleh.

Then give me intonation issues and a bleh guard every year, cause that show had musical emotion and had me from Regiment you may take the field. I was surpirsed at how many repsonses came back. Your welcome to the Cadet also. We have quarreled on here before but I will give mad props to your 03 performance.
Please enjoy the show as is and as was. Both are possible?

#43 BlooContraGuy

BlooContraGuy

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

I have to agree that 2003 was a great year for DCI as far as good, entertaining shows go. Phantom's show was really enjoyable for me until I started listening and watching closer. Sometimes the tuning and tone quality of the brass performance keeps me from listening for very long, which means I don't always make it to the reprise of Sanctus (I knew it wasn't a true version of Canon! But I never really knew what to call it...) which in my mind is the only reason to sit through the rest of the show. (and its never the same if you just skip right to the end, I need the build up of the whole show for it to be effective)

Its always hilarious to watch "flaming" on the forums... and sometimes participate :thumbup:

Edited by BlooContraGuy, 07 November 2009 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rookie 2007
Soloist 2010
Drum Major 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.