DCA 2013 Summer Schedule

Amy, this is a good time to thank you for all you do. I mean, supervising TWO shows? You are an incredibly hard worker. Your husband is no slacker, either. Folks, the Buccaneers have been "riding high" for quite some time. Some of that has nothing to do with on-field performance.

The Buccaneers' corps song begins with "We're all good men, yes we're Buccaneers . . ."

You MUST understand, the Buccaneers organization benefits from the efforts of many capable and hardworking women. I hope none of them take any offense to those very early lyrics! Amy, should you lead the charge to add "and women" to the corps song, I will be somewhat disappointed in you. smile.gif

Amy,

if I see Bill at indoor shows this year, i'll be sure to tell him he's a slacker. Just from you.

:tongue:/>

Amy, this is a good time to thank you for all you do. I mean, supervising TWO shows? You are an incredibly hard worker. Your husband is no slacker, either. Folks, the Buccaneers have been "riding high" for quite some time. Some of that has nothing to do with on-field performance.

The Buccaneers' corps song begins with "We're all good men, yes we're Buccaneers . . ."

You MUST understand, the Buccaneers organization benefits from the efforts of many capable and hardworking women. I hope none of them take any offense to those very early lyrics! Amy, should you lead the charge to add "and women" to the corps song, I will be somewhat disappointed in you. smile.gif

Fred, your words mean a lot to me. You have done so much for the Buccaneers and drum corps in general. Running two shows is a lot of work, but without the Big Sounds in Motion and Downingtown Classic committees assisting me, neither would succeed.

As for adding "and women" to the corps song, there's no need. Every woman on the field or behind the scenes works as hard as any man. As we all know, that occurs in every corps, not just the Buccaneers.

Hope to see you at the shows!

Amy,

if I see Bill at indoor shows this year, i'll be sure to tell him he's a slacker. Just from you.

:tongue:/>/>

Boy, you've got that right! Unfortunately, I'm probably a slacker when it comes to Bill. I probably see you more than I see Bill!

BTW, we just got back from the Buccaneer Cruise, so don't check your mailbox just yet. Let me get my land legs back first!

As for adding "and women" to the corps song, there's no need. Every woman on the field or behind the scenes works as hard as any man.

Plus, "all good folks" just doesn't have the same appeal. :tongue:

• Like 1

Not to worry "2B", Mr. Harper is correct! Carolina Gold is planning to attend several of our usual "haunts" this summer. -So please do not fear, all is quite well with us.

Our hornline has been working diligently on show music and I know that it is sure to blow your socks off! We are EXTREMELY excited with the progress the members and staff have made thusfar!!!

We have been reluctant to release our schedule because we have been working on something special for our members. -But please know that we will be seeing all of our friends both old and new on tour this summer!!

...and fear not, year after year, Carolina Gold is usually one of the last, if not THE last Corps to announce the show concept. We seem to like it that way. --But please rest assured that everyone will know what that is very, very soon. It will certainly be our mission to entertain you in 2013!!

Best Regards to all!

Edited by Bob Callicutt
  • Like 1