2014 Shows

• 5 weeks later...

Hurricanes program listed on DCA website, though not on their own site yet:

The Hurricanes program for 2014 is titled "Always Greener" which musically and visually will take the fans on a journey of a flowering garden. Music selections include "Promise of Living", "Children's Suite", "Merry Mount Suite", and closing with "Make our Garden Grow". The show ties in with the history of the corps that starts as a seedling and transforms into what it is today. A perennial competitor that keeps returning season after season. The corps will be led onto the field by Drum Major Brian Maroldt.

Full article: http://www.dcacorps.org/?p=4522

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a little more detail on Cincinnati Tradition's 2014 show entitled, "Finding Home"

Cincinnati Tradition goes back to the roots of our corps and country. Finding Home is a simple story of anyone, who came to a new place and wanted to find a way to fit in within their new culture. Cincinnati Tradition will explore familiar drum corps music presented in a new and exciting way. Using familiar music such as Fanfare and Allegro by Clifton Williams, Scramble by Todd Stalter, traditional re-imagining of Simple Gifts, Shenandoah and American Salute by Morton Gould; Cincinnati Tradition will take the listener on a journey from arriving in a new place to creating a life of their own in a strange new place. Cincinnati Tradition presents "Finding Home"

• Like 1

Huh. Our community band played "Scramble" a couple years ago. I've felt that several songs we've played could be adapted well (and presumably be made a bit more difficult) for drum corps.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Will there be a 2015 list?

• 2 weeks later...

Is everyone waiting for me to do this again? Oh jeez, now I feel like I've let you all down. I'll see if I can get something put together this weekend.

• Like 2

Awesome. Your great work on the list every year is appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...