Class A Finals 2014 ?

Last year we had 11 corps fighting for 4 open spots at finals ,this year not so great .Will DCA still go with 4 Class A corps for finals ? ownly 5 corps this year in class A ,or do they cut it down to fit according to how many they have completing ? Other wise only one corps of the 5 will not make the Finals show DUH !

Last year we had 11 corps fighting for 4 open spots at finals ,this year not so great .Will DCA still go with 4 Class A corps for finals ? ownly 5 corps this year in class A ,or do they cut it down to fit according to how many they have completing ? Other wise only one corps of the 5 will not make the Finals show DUH !

Happend alot in OC 1 corps out yet does an exhib.

oops didnt see the post above...sorry

maybe there should be 6 OC and 4 A class all in one night...lol....I can hear it now..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Well the one thing i think we all know ,is that Class A corps if start time is 10,am by 11'15 the open class corps start taking the field ,So with that in mind i would think there would be a larger crowd getting to the staduim earlier in fears of missing some one .When i was still living up north and no longer involed i got to the staduim before the start of preliums i wanted to make sure i saw every single corps in both classes ,i only say that because i'm sure not everyone feels that way.

Anyone who feels they can miss A will be really missing some quality performances. The Govies, Sun Devils, and White Sabres all put on great performances, Cincy has been getting better every season, and from the looks of it Excelsior's been upgrading themselves as well.

Heck, right now the White Sabres are beating some pretty decent and respectable Open corps in head to head competition.

You miss A Prelims this year, you're missing some good Drum Corps experiences. Period.

• Like 1

Big W you hit the nail on the head with this one ,i could not agree with you more ,top Class A corps for sure ,should be a good battle .

Last year I went to prelims early to make sure I saw Heartliner and they were one of the earlier ones on. Of the class A corps I saw last year only one was a big disappointment. Most came to play and had solid shows. When you see them as a small class A corps you can really say I remember when,10 years from now when they are doing great things.

• Like 2