Rehease on concrete?

Didn't read every post but in my opinion.

Concrete is not great - it will take a toll on knees and ankles long term.

It also doesn't really transfer well to feet that will be performing on turf and natural grass.

But way way way worse (the worst) is practicing on black-top or asphalt (same thing).

The stuff sucks up the sunlight and bakes the marchers (so does concrete but not to the same degree). It gets sticky in heat and both messes with sneaker soles and with the steps the marchers are taking. It causes knee injuries when a foot sticks and the body keeps going (fairly extreme, but you only need one).

Finally, some turf fields will bake a group almost as fast as black-top. Staffs need to monitor and increase H2O (actually Gatorade) breaks on fields like this, as well as letting the kids just air out and cool off for longer periods than on cooler surfaces.

I apologize if this has been said numerous times through the thread, and as always, feel free to disagree, but I can back it up with about 5 decades of experience first marching (before artificial surfaces - OMG) and teaching.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 2

Ray do you have flat feet yet ?LMAO