Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

Not another BRASSO clone!

Clone? CLONE? (Well, Hello Dolly!!) Egads!!! ANYTHING but that!!!! It's enough to make one wish for retroactive reincarnation for one's self.

By the way, on a serious note (Yes, really) With the announcement of the program being "Wild Horses", what do we think the current Vegas line on "Ghost Riders" NOT being a part of the program would be?. I would tend to think that it will make it's way in there somewhere. I just can't decide whether a "tribute" version (a la, "Old School or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Standard") will be the direction, or if some form of modernized version would be on the docket. Either way, it would be music to my geriatric ears, since I came to know the piece the same summer that our little country marching band played it AND it was the very first thing I heard while attending my very first DCI show that same summer. ("Mem'ries....light the corners of my mind...misty water-colored mem'ries...of the way....").

Now, getting back to your citation of BRASSO. I could never, ever wish to reach such rarified heights in ten lifetimes, let alone one. BRASSO, m'boy...you owe me a buck or two (or a well-aged scotch) for the positive plug.

Edited by HornTeacher

I'm still waiting for the Troop to do Dancing With Wolves

They just did "John Dunbar's Theme" in 2013. Not quibbling with you, Ghost...just saying. Actually, I'm still waiting for them to do a full-blown version of the "Gettysburg" soundtrack. I guess I'll have to wait until the 2063 season (200th anniversary of the battle) which would make me...uh...let's see...104 years of age. Dare to dream, Virginia...Dare to dream.

Edited by HornTeacher

They just did "John Dunbar's Theme" in 2013. Not quibbling with you, Ghost...just saying. Actually, I'm still waiting for them to do a full-blown version of the "Gettysburg" soundtrack. I guess I'll have to wait until the 2063 season (200th anniversary of the battle) which would make me...uh...let's see...104 years of age. Dare to dream, Virginia...Dare to dream.

Yes they did, but I should have typed "make DWW their theme" for a show.

Now, getting back to your citation of BRASSO. I could never, ever wish to reach such rarified heights in ten lifetimes, let alone one. BRASSO, m'boy...you owe me a buck or two (or a well-aged scotch) for the positive plug.

Thanks for the plug, HornTeacher. I would be happy and pleased to buy you that Scotch,... but just don't let it go to your head, ok ?

Edited by BRASSO

I'm still waiting for the Troop to do Dancing With Wolves.

The movie... or the real thing ?

( oh... just kidding, everybody relax )

On a more serious note, I'm looking forward as others here are to what Troop will have in store for us this season. They were a national audience crowd pleaser last season with their show( especially the rousing ending ), and hopefully they'll have a show for us here in 2015 that likewise becomes a hit with audiences from coast to coast.

Edited by BRASSO

They were a national audience crowd pleaser last season with their show( especially the rousing ending ), and hopefully they'll have a show for us here in 2015 that likewise becomes a hit with audiences from coast to coast.

New England will see the Troopers a few times this year, so you'll get the chance to make that decision on your own.

New England will see the Troopers a few times this year, so you'll get the chance to make that decision on your own.

Yes, I noticed that too, Ghost.

I'm actually hoping to take a swing out Mass. way during that time. A lot of great music to be had in 3 or 4 days.