Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

Donnie VanDoren is listed on the site as being "Program and Staff Coordinator." I was merely listing the specific Brass staff as per the question asked ("Who heads/teaches brass there?").

http://troopersdrumcorps.org/aboutus/educational-team/program-and-staff-coordinator

And lots of connections to DVD in that staff before they ever came to Troop. Most have been on staff a couple of years. So what we are hearing is just another step in the evolution of their brass. It doesn't happen overnight. But it IS happening.

Update from the most recent camp, here.

“There are more notes in ‘Open Spaces’ than in the last two years combined,” Smith joked about the Troopers’ 2015 opener. “They’re handling it very well.”

This, combined with the recent teaser clip they posted on Facebook, makes me happy.

That 'aint the same hornline as three years ago. :worthy:

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 2

This, combined with the recent teaser clip they posted on Facebook, makes me happy.

That 'aint the same hornline as three years ago. :worthy:

Gonna be fun! :colgate:

• Like 1

Here's hoping the Troopers can make it back to Finals again this year. Its no fun for anyone when one of the national fan favorite's shows of the season doesn't get to perform their show on Finals Night, as happened last season. Troopers were on fire at Semi's and just missed pulling the surprise of the Semi's, by the slimist of margins. Hope they get in this year.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Update from the most recent camp, here.

“There are more notes in ‘Open Spaces’ than in the last two years combined,” Smith joked about the Troopers’ 2015 opener. “They’re handling it very well.”

I'm certainly stoked. I just hope that it isn't a matter of "notes for the sake of notes." I think we're already seeing a popular, if not adjudicational, backlash to that concept/reality (and no...this is not any attempt at harkening back to the DCP "what is reality??" days...)

I'm also VERY happy to hear of more attention being paid to the visual. To me, that is what has held them back the past couple of years. I'm certainly not pointing fingers...just going on the visual score comparison between Troop and those around them the past couple of years.

Keep workin', Troop!!!

Edited by HornTeacher

I'm certainly stoked. I just hope that it isn't a matter of "notes for the sake of notes." I think we're already seeing a popular, if not adjudicational, backlash to that concept/reality (and no...this is not any attempt at harkening back to the DCP "what is reality??" days...

I'm also VERY happy to hear of more attention being paid to the visual. To me, that is what has held them back the past couple of years. I'm certainly not pointing fingers...just going on the visual score comparison between Troop and those around them the past couple of years.

Keep workin', Troop!!!

In short, H.T., are you saying that the visual is being noted?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

In short, H.T., are you saying that the visual is being noted?

In short, Xanda...yup. Or in the the word of the northeasterner..."Ayuh." :colgate: (You've remembered my admonishment on the "2015 Predictions" thread, haven't you?) :colgate::colgate:

Edited by HornTeacher

Actually the book is written by Robert Smith and is taught by Tim Snyder. Donnie is the Program Coordinator there.