Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

Speaking of horses, do you remember ever marching in parades with any horses up front ?

Not everything changes in Drum Corps ( haha!)

The mention of the original Velvet knights corps from Calif. (pre-DCI) and your parade reference brought back this memory. Original VK had horn players wearing a horse prop and marching it up the avenue while playing the horn. Hole where saddle usually is allowed the horn player to lower the prop of his head so the crowd would see the horn player "riding" the horse. The "velvet" swag covered the legs so the crowd saw Knights on horseback similar to what we see at a joust.

http://www.berkshirehistory.com/kids/knights_jousting.html

Might give some Trooper designers an idea. Donate the $1 in memory of Gunny.

Edited by xandandl

I agree that Trooper's performance levels and presence was a step up the last year or two. I thought that from the first performance last season on the big screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rFC-UwGXCc

New video! By the way I'm in it at :33, second from the back in the line closest to the camera!

You might want to consider changing your member name from futurebluecoat. Either that, or I'm way confused.

• Like 2

You might want to consider changing your member name from futurebluecoat. Either that, or I'm way confused.

How do you change it? I'm trying to figure it out but I'm having trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

The hornline sounds great in the new video. That said, I count 63 horns at the latest camp. Is that enough?

they sound powerful. Nice mature sound for the 10 seconds I heard. Looking forward to great things. Who heads/teaches brass there?

they sound powerful. Nice mature sound for the 10 seconds I heard. Looking forward to great things. Who heads/teaches brass there?

According to the Troopers' Website:

Brass Arranger Robert W. Smith

Brass Caption Head Tim Snyder

Trumpet Techs Aaron Wells

Andrew Sharf

Sara Myers

Sr. Mello Tech Andy Grindle

Mello Tech Holly Maldonado

Baritone Techs Jeremy Basso

Abigail Lyon

Mark Whitfield

Tuba Techs Aaron Willison

Dan Herrick

Edited by HornTeacher

I thought VanDoren and team were at Troopers. Sound great in any case.

Donnie VanDoren is listed on the site as being "Program and Staff Coordinator." I was merely listing the specific Brass staff as per the question asked ("Who heads/teaches brass there?").

http://troopersdrumcorps.org/aboutus/educational-team/program-and-staff-coordinator

Edited by HornTeacher