2. 2. In Second Place...

• Govenaires
    • Alliance
    • Kilties
    • Chops, Inc.
    • Cincinnati Tradition
    • Erie Thunderbirds
    • Excelsior
  3. 3. And the remaining two finals spots go to (please pick just two)

• Govenaires
    • Alliance
    • Kilties
    • Chops, Inc.
    • Cincinnati Tradition
    • Erie Thunderbirds
    • Excelsior

Of course, my heart's in Class A this year, and nobody else seems to have asked the question. So, who's in, who's out, and who's on top?

I tried to keep it all in one poll, hence the "pick two" for the third question.

I'm guessing . . .

1. 86.6 -- Govenaires

2. 80.0 -- Alliance

3. 76.9 -- Chops, Inc.

4. 76.7 -- Kilties

5. 70.2 -- Cincinnati Tradition

6. 69.1 -- Erie Thunderbirds

7. 67.7 -- Excelsior

I think that would be Govies' best score ever, and while it seems perfectly attainable based on their Aug. 21-22 scores, I have no idea if they'll really achieve it. As for Excelsior, the significant fluctuations in their score this season don't help with prognostication!

Of course, my heart's in Class A this year, and nobody else seems to have asked the question. So, who's in, who's out, and who's on top?

I tried to keep it all in one poll, hence the "pick two" for the third question.

:ninja:

Matt:

Are you going to be out east - Since you're not visible from a distance - I never knew whether you were marching or not. You and Spandrew doing mello?

Pat :tounge2:

This is one area where folks in the midwest have actually seen more of the corps than those in the east. 4 of the 7 were in Racine, and only 2 have been at shows in New Jersey or PA this year.

Edited by totaleefree

:ninja:

Matt:

Are you going to be out east - Since you're not visible from a distance - I never knew whether you were marching or not. You and Spandrew doing mello?

Pat :tounge2:

Yes, we'll both be out there, but we're strictly on the staff side of things this year.

Maybe next year I can pick up a mello again. I know I still have a few good years of marching left in me.

This is one area where folks in the midwest have actually seen more of the corps than those in the east. 4 of the 7 were in Racine, and only 2 have been at shows in New Jersey or PA this year.

It was pretty special having an all-Class A lineup for a show. Has that ever happened before? It just feels like that's one thing that really validates Class A, pulling off a successful show without any Open Class corps in the mix.

• Like 2

Matt!

I feel it worked 'cuz it was in Racine. I don't know how many people would show up for 4 Class A corps (a couple exhibitions) any where else. Just sayen...see you in a couple...

3. 76.9 -- Chops, Inc.

4. 76.7 -- Kilties

IF that were to happen, it would be only the second time ever that Chops outscores Kilties; the first being at DCM Prelims in 2002 (at least according to listed scores on CorpsReps).

I believe only one of our current marching members was in the corps at the time.

Edited by Spandy

Matt!

I feel it worked 'cuz it was in Racine. I don't know how many people would show up for 4 Class A corps (a couple exhibitions) any where else. Just sayen...see you in a couple...

That is absolutely true. The Racine crowd consists of rabid drum corps fans that will support their local corps and appreciate those who travel through regardless of size. We did a standstill there in 2013 with all of 12 people on the field and got nothing but a ton of love from the stands... And those stands were pretty full for the pre-competition exhibitions.

Racine is a special place for drum corps, and before this year I would have agreed with any prediction that it would be the place to have a successful Class A show without needing an Open Class "headliner".

It's just worth noting that it did happen, and it shows that Class A is a success and still growing.

• Like 1

I know I've said it before...

but Class A Prelims is going to be very interesting.

A whole bunch of storylines!!!

• Like 1