Rainout suggestion

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea, too bad so many shows are so far apart. Need to do some thinking out of the box for how to keep the fans coming back. I can't help but think that there are a lot of newbie dci fans that go away mad if their first show experience is a rainout. And then maybe never come back.

Or a free ticket to next year's show (assuming it's on the calendar).

Not a bad idea, too bad so many shows are so far apart.

sure, but ppl at Rockford and Naperville could have been offered tickets to Madison (Drums On) or So. Milwaukee.

p.s. even if ppl didn't use the tickets, I think just the offer would be some compensation.

It might also make a difference when ppl are thinking about buying tickets in the first place. Here's our rainout policy: no refunds but you get a GA ticket to a nearby show or QF vs. you're screwed.

the could also offer discount coupons for merchandise (DVDs).

Edited by vferrera

its worth a thought. I know DCI is in a tough spot with rain outs and the fans. Shows I've always been to are a "no refunds/rain or shine" scenario. Does any show have a different policy?

I know a lot a people are turned off by rainouts and don't return. Take the Sioux Falls show for example. It was packed the first few years, then a rainout a couple years ago. Attendance has been way down ever since. Its particularly hard on shows that are new to the circuit. I think Lincoln, NE had a show for the first time in a long while and it was rained out the first time up. The show is not running this season :smile:

If the conditions aren't too bad, I like the idea of extended standstill performances. Instead of each corps just playing their show, the corps could add in one (or a couple) encore tunes. The corps can leave the wooden pit and/or electronics on the bus and give an acoustic performance. No marching? Just add more music instead.

Another idea is to give patrons at rainout shows a chance to watch the next Fan Network webcast free of charge for non-subscribers.