"Happy Days Are Here Again"

BD 1988 is one of my all-time favorite shows, with "Happy Days Are Here Again" being one of my favorite openers. As I recently listened to BD's 2009 version of "Happy Days," it occurred to me that the 1988 show was 21 years ago. Besides making me feel a little old, it struck me that the current BD age-outs were born in 1988 (or thereabouts).

Thanks, BD for revisiting one of your classics and one of my all-time faves.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first effort was classic

That entire horn book in 1988 is one of my favorites. Maybe the most exposed books I have ever heard. I often wonder if BD knew they had lost prelims would the outcome in finals been any different? They were undefeated going into prelims and you just wonder what the staff and members could have/would have done had they known.

BD 1988 is one of my all-time favorite shows, with "Happy Days Are Here Again" being one of my favorite openers. As I recently listened to BD's 2009 version of "Happy Days," it occurred to me that the 1988 show was 21 years ago. Besides making me feel a little old, it struck me that the current BD age-outs were born in 1988 (or thereabouts).

Thanks, BD for revisiting one of your classics and one of my all-time faves.

I am also a very big fan of the 1988 BD program. IMO, it was one of the most innovative and entertaining programs coming out of Concord in many years! I loved it!!

Yeah

the guard in those white dresses and the feathers and the balloons at the beginning were just incredible. Not the best guard out there - but one of the most musical!

But of course I was competing against them back them - so I couldn't like them :tongue:

later,

Mike

Blue Devils 1988 is at the tip top of my most entertaining shows of all time. I remember going to extra shows in 1988 just so I could see The Blue Devils. Every single moment of that show entertained me.

This years version of "Happy Days" doesn't come close.

The Devils in 1988 were accused of "Park and Blow" The 1988 corps marches more than the 2009 corps.

The 1988 Blue Devils stand alone.

Blue Devils 1988 is at the tip top of my most entertaining shows of all time. I remember going to extra shows in 1988 just so I could see The Blue Devils. Every single moment of that show entertained me.

This years version of "Happy Days" doesn't come close.

The Devils in 1988 were accused of "Park and Blow" The 1988 corps marches more than the 2009 corps.

The 1988 Blue Devils stand alone.

There you go Freddy, with your "For a fat girl, you don't sweat much!" compliments. :tongue:

There you go Freddy, with your "For a fat girl, you don't sweat much!" compliments. :tongue:

Your right. I've got to stop that. :tongue:

Props to the 2009 Blue Devils! (Here is where I'm supposed to take a dig at them)

Edited by boxingfred