The Kansas City MO-chacino House

I was at the show and it seemed that the Blue Knights could have gone on at their allotted time. They were lined up ready to go on; however, people down front kept on giving out prizes which made the INT run longer.

Why did so many corps have holes last night? A couple had up to 4 holes in their show.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, Phantom went head to head with BD last night in Kansas City and their percussion took first. Awesome job PR. Now is anyone NOT surprised that BD was overheard cussing afterwords because THEY didn't win. Yes this is the type of attitude that leads to people NOT liking BD and rooting for anyone else.

Any other thoughts out there?

Well, when a 12 year-old can play with your line, how can you be surprised?

I was at the show and I must say that the site had horrible traffic problems. There was only 1 road leading up to the school (1 f-ing road!!) The street that the school was on wasn't even a "thru" street. The road basically led to a dead end if you went down another 1/4 mile.

I good portion of the crowd was late getting to their seats as it was. I know a lot of people missed the first 2 corps simply because they couldn't get into the school parking lot quick enough. The people taking tickets weren't too quick about their jobs either.

OTHERWISE, the show was good and it seemed to be sold out and the stadium was pretty nice

I would also like to add that they ran out of bottled water during Pioneer's show and it was very warm that evening! And perhaps this is standard for smaller shows, but everything had to be paid for via cash. This caused some problems with people buying tickets with no ATM available near by. Lastly, anyone looking for restaurants had to get back on the highway (435, etc.), as the school was surrounded by houses and a gulf course. These are just some of my thoughts on the show...

You HAVE to be kidding, right? Did you watch the video? That kid was like an idiot savant at snare playing, definitley much more comparable to your average 20 year old snare auditionee than your average 12 year old.

I guess the 12 year old had an impact....BD took it back last night!!!

Surprise!

WOW, Phantom went head to head with BD last night in Kansas City and their percussion took first. Awesome job PR. Now is anyone NOT surprised that BD was overheard cussing afterwords because THEY didn't win. Yes this is the type of attitude that leads to people NOT liking BD and rooting for anyone else.

Any other thoughts out there?

Here's one.

Any discussion on this can ONLY end well.

I bought the VIP ticket and was placed upstairs in the pressbox with no ventilation. I was informed that the bleacher rows were numbered incorrectly. Getting to the high school was a bit of a problem as mentioned in previous posts. My largest complaint, besides not having the seat that I expected, was there only being 1 concession stand open. The concession had 4 lines -2 which were dedicated as "drinks only" lines. On a positive note, it is a nice facility and I think improvements will be made for future shows.

You HAVE to be kidding, right? Did you watch the video? That kid was like an idiot savant at snare playing, definitley much more comparable to your average 20 year old snare auditionee than your average 12 year old.

Well, i was making a joke, but i agree that kid is a phenom. I'm pretty sure that BD has nothing to worry about when it comes to phantom. I was at the show and it felt like they were having an off night, bits of dirt where there should be none. Definitely nothing to worry about.