The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Ok. This is what got me. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I know you marched one year at the cavaliers, but the way things have been the last few, The Cavaliers gave NOTHING but respect to Gaines. Whatever Gaines wanted Gaines got and there were never any questioning it. People understood how much he gave to the organization in regards to his visual genius and let him do whatever he wanted.

With that being said, I think Gaines is great. Possibly the best ever, but I do think that Hinshaw will be great for The Cavaliers. So, I am going to take your advice and book mark your post and we will see you in a few months.

:) Can't wait.

Pick your six pack of poison, my friend. Brewha, Coke/Diet Coke, or some other beverage of your choosing.

I'll come back on here, eat my crow, and you can get some free beverages out of it.

Not a whole lot of love for PC this year. They're sounding really good!

• Like 1

Not a whole lot of love for PC this year. They're sounding really good!

Ditto for Surf

• Like 1

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

4. Carolina Crown

3.. Cadets

5. SCV

7. Bluecoats

6. Madison Scouts

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11. Glassmen

12. Blue Stars

Edited by Cop
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, I still don't buy it.

If there was a bias towards people or corps, Phantom Regiment wouldn't even make the top 12.

Dan Farrell is absolutely despised by many within the DCI ranks, plus PR has a huge visual "reputation". Even then they are given a chance. Corps specific stereotypes and dislike towards figureheads in each group don't hold corps back much at all.

This is a youth activity. The vast majority, enough to almost always outweigh the "bad apples", makes sure that the kids in each group are rewarded for their excellence.

The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, and Cadets don't win because of DCI. They win because they are the best.

Boston doesn't get 8th because they aren't liked by DCI. They get 8th because that's overwhelmingly what they deserve.

Interesting, most interesting. While it is usually true that BD, Cavies and Cadets usually do win because they are the best, there are times when it actually does work against them. For example in 2008, they should have been well over 2 points ahead of Phantom or Carolina Crown, and yet they ended up 2nd and 3rd. And as for Phantom not placing top 12, they have always deserved to be in the top 12, but did receive some extra boosts from the judges in 2008, where it was more than obvious on a total performance level they should have been neck and neck with Crown for 3rd and 4th place. But the fans got what they wanted that year, and DCI probably saw a huge boost in ticket sales and merchandising over the next couple of years because of it. Was it a refreshing change seeing a new champion, of course, but was it honestly deserved, no.

Boston probably ends up averaging out to where they should be usually. A couple of years they have probably been overscored, and a couple of years they have probably been underscored. But overall 3 of the last 6 years, things have been kind of wacky with the judging. I think in 2006, DCI started listening to everyone moan about how things never change during finals week in placements. So between semis and finals that year, 9 or 10 of the corps ended up changing positions, which if I am not mistaken set the all time record for most changes between semis and finals.

• Like 1

Interesting, most interesting. While it is usually true that BD, Cavies and Cadets usually do win because they are the best, there are times when it actually does work against them. For example in 2008, they should have been well over 2 points ahead of Phantom or Carolina Crown, and yet they ended up 2nd and 3rd. And as for Phantom not placing top 12, they have always deserved to be in the top 12, but did receive some extra boosts from the judges in 2008, where it was more than obvious on a total performance level they should have been neck and neck with Crown for 3rd and 4th place. But the fans got what they wanted that year, and DCI probably saw a huge boost in ticket sales and merchandising over the next couple of years because of it. Was it a refreshing change seeing a new champion, of course, but was it honestly deserved, no.

No matter how many times you tell this joke it never gets less funny! Tell us the one about the Troopers next! :thumbup:

• Like 5

Hey I don't care I get to see Bawston here on the west coast man!

come to think of it I have never seen them live! :w00t: One of my favorite corps!

• Like 4