Oregon Crusaders' First World Class Post

Amazing show and much deserved accomplishment. I won't be able to see OC, SCVC and BDB in the future without thinking World Class!!!

Congrats! :thumbup:

When are you guys REALLY going World Class? :tongue:

We've increasingly got our organizational legs underneath us - greater financial strength, community support, strong membership, etc - so as we continue to strengthen we'll be looking at that option. Open Class corps must petition to be in World Class, and it takes an audit by DCI and a vote of the membership directors to approve, so we would need to show consistent year-over-year organizational strength and performance excellence to make it happen. We can hardly wait for 2012 to have another notch in our belt.

Thanks for the nice remarks!

Phil

• Like 2

You guys were great! I'm sorry, but I guess I have to be the one to start this.....

When are you guys REALLY going World Class? :tongue:

I'm hoping it's not for at least another year. I'd hate to see a great group like this go under because they went to WC too soon. Having said that, I'd have no problem at all with them doing a modified tour like Academy. PC, Mandarins etc.

Regardless of whether you are Open Class or World Class, you put on an awesome show this year. Your members, staff and volunteers should be extremely proud of the great performances. I was excited to get to see you guys this year during finals week. And you guys put on 3 great performances. Too bad you didn't get to perform on Monday of the week as well. We are really looking forward to seeing Oregon Crusaders next year, and seeing another great show. And good luck in your quest to join the ranks of World Class.

Congratulations Oregon! Well deserved! Keep pushing and growing!

Thanks PeeJay - We just noticed that OC's Championships SemiFinals audio is one of only a few available for download at dci.thefannetwork.org.

For those of you who are wondering "Why do they keep talking about OC's hornline?" - Spend the $3 and download this performance. You'll get goosebumps!

Phil

2011 shows that Oregon is the next worthy contender to be WC. There no ones junior corps so their primed and ready to make that jump soon. I can't wait to see 24 WC corps competing soon, I see these guys in a few knocking around Academy and Pacific Crest in the near future hopefully. Get that petition and WC proposition going guys.