Thee I don't care who wins/won topic

1980, 1995, and 2014 come to mind for me.

2011 had the best mix of quality and quantity for my money:

• Cadets Angels & Demons
  • BD's Bacharach show
  • Cavies XtraordinarY
  • Crown's Rach Star
  • Phantom's Juliet
  • Bloo's Creep opener
  • Boston's Revolution - still IMO the best use of Bring Him Home in a DCI show
  • BK's English Folk Song Suite
  • Madison's Empire State of Mind Closer
  • SoA's Film Noire show
  • Like 1

Jeez. I''ve been posting actively on DCP for more than a decade, and I was still on the field when this thread was created (just checked, looks like I was in Texas that day).

2007 would be the year for me. This always felt like such an underrated year in retrospect, but the shows were so good! Devils were great, but I dug Cadets, this is the most underrated Cavies show of the 00s (except maybe 09), Phantom's amazing bird show unfortunately gets missed because it's sandwiched between Faust and Spartacus, SCV was great, Crown stepped up the plate as a real contender for the first time, Bluecoats had a show that literally beat the Blue Devils for the first time in their history (early season, but still was so cool), Blue Knights continued that dark trend....

Super great year, was never really rooting for anyone (maybe Phantom, but their time came shortly after) but across the board I loved just about every show that year. Special shout out to Madison that season especially; it wasn't the cleanest show for myriad reasons, but man was that a cool show! Especially that opener!