High Altitude Drums - in Uber High resolution

Hi,

We were lucky enough to record the Troopers and the Blue Knights on consecutive nights in July of 2008 in Ogden Utah.

We used the IsoMike system as last year, but this time with some differences.

The array was moved down and back a few feet. We took more time with distance and formation of the corps. Oh yea and hyper matched microphones, updated converters and a new Sony Sonoma recorder. We documented what we were doing with 4 HD cameras

We used a powerful $40,000.00 set of monitor speakers in the remote booth to better make decisions (And to make better decisions). We better included members of the corps staff to make re-take decisions.

I like the result. And BTW so did a few thousand audiophiles in Italy who didn't know drum corps from apple core until a few days ago.

Right now I am in Denver with the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and we will be featuring playback of corps recordings - on a 1/2 million dollar 4-channel system. BTW this is the last appearance of these gigantic electrostatic speakers, they are too hard to move and we risk damage if we dontinue to do so.

Here is a link to the show

http://audiofest.net/2008/index.php

Our demo is in Evergreen Ballroom #F

We have copies of the SA-CD/Hybrid Stereo/4-Channel that was presented by the Italian Magazine "Audiophile Sound" at the Milan TopAudio Show. If you introduce yourself to me at the show I'll slip you a copy (We have limited copies for this offer). this disc has a few Corps excerpts on it, including from 08.

Live drumming just after 6PM on Friday!

I hope to see some fans at the show!

Kind regards,

Ray Kimber

Thanks for the invite. I really enjoyed last years Blue Knights recordings. Probably the most accurate recording of drum corps I've ever heard (closest thing to being there live)

BTW this is the last appearance of these gigantic electrostatic speakers, they are too hard to move and we risk damage if we continue to do so.

Guess this means no more drum corps recordings eh? This makes me sad.

Guess this means no more drum corps recordings eh? This makes me sad.

I think he's just talking about the speakers he's using to play the recordings.

I'm actually going to be in the live drumline at the event, so I can't wait to check it out. Loved last year's recording, and definitely looking forward to this year's!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi DCP Forum,

We have just released for sale the IsoMike 2008A sampler disc. We have it on sale for just $5.00 plus shipping - but if you order it (we use paypal) and mention Drum Corps Planet in the comment line we will send you an extra disc to share. The sale price and this DCP offer ends this Wednesday! After that it is $10.00

The discs are SACD/Hybrid and so will play in a normal CD player, but for the full effect the SACD layer in an SACD player gives you the full resolution of the original master recording.

There is a track from The Troopers and a track The Blue Knights, plus 2 tracks of Blue Knights drum line.

You can check out the track listing by looking at:

www.isomike.com

If you get a disc remember that these are uncompressed and so you will need to turn the volume up on your stereo, but do it carefully.

AND.... The guys who played drum line for us at the Denver Audio Show were fantastic THANKS!, there were lots of folks who had never had such an experience - some of them are now converted.

Ray

When will the full recordings be available!?!??!??!?! MUST HAVE!

If you get a disc remember that these are uncompressed and so you will need to turn the volume up on your stereo, but do it carefully.

So the recordings are the exact opposite of that garbage produced in 1995? :happy:

So the recordings are the exact opposite of that garbage produced in 1995? :wub:

In short, yes.

I have the disc from last year. . .oh, how I wish DCI would do a standstill CD set with everyones show with this equipment. Hearing Crown/Phantom 08 with this set-up would have been . . . . :lol:

Amazing stuff. :happy:

want to get one, but don't see an opportunity to mention Drum corps planet during the paypal checkout process.

want to get one, but don't see an opportunity to mention Drum corps planet during the paypal checkout process.

I thought the exact same thing.