Cavaliers 4th at finals?

If by "dynamic spectrum" you mean losing any sense of intonation and tone when you hit FF then yea, you got me there. And yes, Phantom presented Faust pretty well, but honestly...that isn't anything like what the original opera is like. I showed the show to one of my friend's mom (who is a vocal teacher) and she wouldn't shut up about how its a travesty to the opera and what not. Personally I love the show, really I do. I have many friends that march there and my old percussion teacher marched snare from 87-89 (Section leader in 89) which also happens to be my second favorite show of all time. If DCI were judged on emotion Phantom would have 15 titles and Troopers would have 388 (yea, thats a guess haha), which wouldn't be a bad thing, but you know...ok I'm just blabbing now so I'll stop. :laugh: ...no reason for the face, I just like ninjas.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by "dynamic spectrum" you mean losing any sense of intonation and tone when you hit FF then yea, you got me there. And yes, Phantom presented Faust pretty well, but honestly...that isn't anything like what the original opera is like. I showed the show to one of my friend's mom (who is a vocal teacher) and she wouldn't shut up about how its a travesty to the opera and what not. Personally I love the show, really I do. I have many friends that march there and my old percussion teacher marched snare from 87-89 (Section leader in 89) which also happens to be my second favorite show of all time. If DCI were judged on emotion Phantom would have 15 titles and Troopers would have 388 (yea, thats a guess haha), which wouldn't be a bad thing, but you know...ok I'm just blabbing now so I'll stop. :laugh: ...no reason for the face, I just like ninjas.

Ninjas are cool. Opera is cool.

So...does that make you cool, too?

I don't need ninjas and operas to be cool ;-)

I don't need ninjas and operas to be cool ;-)

There's only one person in the world that doesn't need ninjas and opera to be cool

039_20147~Chuck-Norris-Posters.jpg

What about an opera about ninjas.

Dude...you're blowin' my mind, man!

That should be the next Phantom show...Opera classics interpreted by the guard wearing Ninja costumes...highest score ever...

Edited by drummer5485

That should be the next Phantom show...Opera classics interpreted by the guard wearing Ninja costumes...highest score ever...

Finally...a championship flag for Rockford. Besides, the guard would just stealthfuly knock off the competition before Finals night.

Cavaliers played with more control, but lacked a full dynamic spectrum that Phantom had.

Since when does "extremely loud" mean that one corps has a more "full dynamic spectrum" than the other? I would MUCH rather hear Cavaliers FF (which is loud, but without edge) than Phantoms FF, which is much more extreme and raw. Its all a matter of taste.

You might want to rephrase your statement to say "Cavaliers played with more control, but Phantom played REALLY loud."

:laugh::lol:

More importantly, the 7 corps (who have been removed from the transom of everyone's collective consciousness) will go on to defeat the Mongolians, and conquer the World, each corps (and their progeny) occupying and assimilating each of the continents. Phantom (with their white uniforms) will create a massive Antarctican civilization that will create a Worldwide Phenomenon called "Drum Corps on Ice".

:sigh::doh::lol::doh::lol::peek: :peek: :wink:

(one for each corps....that will rule the world!)

And this will be broadcast (commercial free, of course thanks to our sponsor Walt Disney, himself) on NBC, CBS, ABC, BBC1, BBC2....

Also on tour live starting in 2010 through the next millenium!

~C