Crossmen 2007 Music Design

The Crossmen's show was so good and effective that it ws 16th. Wow!

I don't think the issue this year was the design, it was the performance... the scores from quarters demonstrate that pretty clearly:

11th in G.E. Vis. Repertoire - 16th in G.E. Vis. Showmanship

16th in G.E. Music Rep. - 20th in G.E. Music Show.

11th in Field Vis. Technique - 12th in Excellence

14th in Vis. Ensemble Composition - 19th in Excell.

11th in Color Guard Content - 17th in Achievement

Everything in music was pretty much flat, but yeah, I think those subcaption scores speak for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron, you rock!! IMO, the best at writing and adapting music to the marching field. Love all those Ronald Regan High show's and last years LD Bell show. My fav has to be last years Broken Arrow show, simply gorgeous. Just saw the 2007 Broken Arrow show on the BOA website. Wow, a awesome show. Did you write the music for this show also? I have checked Broken Arrow's website but i could not find any info. Thanks again , Rick

The Crossmen's show was so good and effective that it ws 16th. Wow!

Are you being sarcastic about the Crossmen and there placement??? because if you are, stop writing like the ******* that you are and stop writing negative things about them on here. <**> thanks

Rick,

Thanks for the support!

Yes, I did BA's 2007 show which is based on Wagner's "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral," but, as usual, with a ton of original material thrown in. Check yataforluda in the coming week for new show updates.

Music is getting underway for Xmen 2008...should be eXciting!

Enjoy the music,

Aaron

Are you being sarcastic about the Crossmen and there placement??? because if you are, stop writing like the ******* that you are and stop writing negative things about them on here. <**> thanks

i think it was bad grammar. i think he was saying, crossmen's show was so good and effective, the fact that it was only 16th, wow. that's how I read it anyway.

maybe he's just a ###### though, who knows.

Rick,

Thanks for the support!

Yes, I did BA's 2007 show which is based on Wagner's "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral," but, as usual, with a ton of original material thrown in. Check yataforluda in the coming week for new show updates.

Music is getting underway for Xmen 2008...should be eXciting!

Enjoy the music,

Aaron

All I have to say is thank you!!! The music is the best in the world :drool: . I even like it more than crown :o . And a big thank you to Crossmen for performing it the way that ya'll did. Because of the music and the way they performed the music I am planning on going ot a Crossmen experience camp and then try out for the 09 season.

All I have to say is thank you!!! The music is the best in the world :drool: . I even like it more than crown :o . And a big thank you to Crossmen for performing it the way that ya'll did. Because of the music and the way they performed the music I am planning on going ot a Crossmen experience camp and then try out for the 09 season.

BEST of luck .

see you there.

ALAN CHEZ

TRUMPET-LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN

CROSSMEN BRASS STAFF 2000-2008

I would have understood this all had they told it to me during the entire production like a real corps of the future would kindly do for me.....

(that was not intended to be taken serious in any way at all)

BUT THIS IS: This show could have been one of my favorite shows this year. I am addicted to the crossmen. I have loved every show that they have put on the field every year i have been involved in the activity. This one has a few moments where it seriously brought tears to my eyes. and the ballad was so yummy.....

I love the Crossmen. I love the Crossmen. I love the Crossmen. And not just for the music, but for taking young bucks and making them into men and women of great charachter.

I think they need some of my money. I will now thank George Hopkins for creating the Jazz club so that i can donate to them.

Edited by cwillpayne