Bluecoats or Crown

Bluecoats or Crown  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Which would it be more impressive to see at the top?

• Bluecoats
    • Crown

each corps is known for delivering their own something to the activity. something exciting. something new. something that is their own. here are a few examples:

Cadets- military tradition

Blue Devils- cool, jazz, west coasters... laid back

Cavies- visual gods and truly cavalier

Crown- contempary and groundbreaking innovation. the modern day Star of Indiana

Phantom Regiment- classical music masters. hard corps military background and dark nature

Santa Clara Vanguard- the ultimate hard corps of drum corps. intense aggression.

what have the bluecoats contributed? .........i honestly don't know. someone help?

Bluecoats- a bunch of old mullet smurfs…wannabes. the most innovative thing i've seen them do is pull tape off their uniforms

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

each corps is known for delivering their own something to the activity. something exciting. something new. something that is their own. here are a few examples:

Cadets- military tradition

Blue Devils- cool, jazz, west coasters... laid back

Cavies- visual gods and truly cavalier

Crown- contempary and groundbreaking innovation. the modern day Star of Indiana

Phantom Regiment- classical music masters. hard corps military background and dark nature

Santa Clara Vanguard- the ultimate hard corps of drum corps. intense aggression.

what have the bluecoats contributed? .........i honestly don't know. someone help?

Bluecoats- a bunch of old mullet smurfs…wannabes. the most innovative thing i've seen them do is pull tape off their uniforms

Woaah! Strong words, man.

Woaah! Strong words, man.

Yeah it looks like some people are just bitter because their corps is getting beat by so called 'lesser' corps

Not really. My corps is already getting beat by everyone.

I'm a Pioneer man.

So I have a very unbiased, yet knowledgable opinion.

I feel the public should know.

Edited by Janets Boob

Yeah it looks like some people are just bitter because their corps is getting beat by so called 'lesser' corps

Pretty much. Lord knows they're taking Phantom to the cleaners; but when you're good, you're good.

Not really. My corps is already getting beat by everyone.

I'm a Pioneer man.

So I have a very unbiased, yet knowledgable opinion.

I feel the public should know.

I like Pioneer.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

I think what both corps are doing is equally impressive. They were both at the bottom of the finals list 10 years ago (Crown 12th, Bluecoats 11th) The fact that they are now real contenders is awesome.

i'd like to put forward the hypothesis that the bluecoats are made of hype.

I believe that anyone willing to set aside, if only momentarily, his or her animosity for a particular corps (or a personality, or one hated aesthetic element), recognizing performance, that is, night-to-night performance, as the the ideal main criterion for finals placement, must admit that the bluecoats beating the cadets at finals in 2006 was a travesty of adjudication. as a disclaimer I offer that I liked neither show as a show. the cadets, however, performed the #### out of it that night. also they were cleaner. in spite of these facts, the bluecoats placed 4th, and on that wave of hype their substance they rode into this season and effected their upset victory not through thei r performance but through the conditioned minds of the enculturated judges.

the bluecoats have done nothing aesthetically for drum corps. theirs is the domain of the generic and the safe. if they do win this year, their victory will be one more compelling case for drum corps's shrinking audiences. their pseudo-funky symphonic band ###collage will echo over the emptying seats of lucas oil stadium and into mediocre eternity.

b[l]oooooooo

Ooh! Ooh! My turn...I want to play!

I'd like to put forward the hypothesis that you and asifandnoarta are the same person. I would also like to ask why the heck you felt the need to create an alter-ego that serves no other purpose than to agree with...um...yourself, over and over again. I find it rather curious that everytime "publius" starts a thread (usually of a controversial nature), asifindnoarta is there to agree with him. You even use the same type of syntactical errors in your writing.

It's pretty sad when the only way you can get someone to agree with you is by making that person up out of thin air.

Ooh! Ooh! My turn...I want to play!

I'd like to put forward the hypothesis that you and asifandnoarta are the same person. I would also like to ask why the heck you felt the need to create an alter-ego that serves no other purpose than to agree with...um...yourself, over and over again. I find it rather curious that everytime "publius" starts a thread (usually of a controversial nature), asifindnoarta is there to agree with him. You even use the same type of syntactical errors in your writing.

It's pretty sad when the only way you can get someone to agree with you is by making that person up out of thin air.

Tsar, I was on your track, but really didn't put it together near as quick as you did. Thanks for allowing me to stop reviewing past posts and setting the record straight. :angry::doh: