Rain outs

Might be a stupid post but I just decided to go to the Houston show as well as the San Antonio show - just need my fix of Drum Corps this year. We have had so much rain here that there is a real chance of the show not going on - I know it's a couple of weeks away but I'd like to know what happens if a show rains out? Anyone?

And - Go Scouts!

If possible, each participating Corps will perform a stand still.

No refund, all the major DCI contests have listed on the tickets “no refund.”

Hope this helps! At least you have San Antonio and late in the season!!!

Then what happens if Finals get rained out?

If possible, each participating Corps will perform a stand still.

No refund, all the major DCI contests have listed on the tickets “no refund.”

Hope this helps! At least you have San Antonio and late in the season!!!

You are so correct about San Antonio! What a great place to watch Drum Corps! It's so big that you almost forget you are inside! I went to the Houston show in 2005 - at Rice Stadium. Rain - and more Rain! The show went on - really late. I got to see my beloved Madison Scouts (plus one girl) win the show - and I could not believe they actually beat the Vanguard that night. Too bad you could smell the mens room from the stands - yuck! Fortunately they have switched to a better venue now. I really hope the show goes on withought rain! Just need mosquito repellent!

In the rained out Cedarburg show we were treated to one of the best indoor stanstills of my life, with Spirit, Southwind, with their colorguard, Blue Star, SCV, and Madison. LOUD. No refunds, and if you get rained out in SA, then I wouldn't be wasting time at a show, when you have an ark to be building.

Then what happens if Finals get rained out?

It's never happened. And this is the last year for quite a while we have to worry about it. I'm not sure, but I don't think it rains alot in Pasadena. :)

If they do...SOMEONE OWES ME 50 BUCKS FROM COOKVILLE LAST YEAR!!!!

My first attended drum corps show....I was ######.

Cookville wasn't completely rained out though... so do they owe you a pro-rated refund? :-P

No you don't get refunds because all shows serve as fund raisers for somebody. Hopefully you'll get to hear a standstill....but if not....well that just stinks.

It's never happened. And this is the last year for quite a while we have to worry about it. I'm not sure, but I don't think it rains alot in Pasadena. :)

Ah man, you now jinks it. Because of that statement Pasadena will get the rain that they didn't get during the California drought and it will rain on finals. Thanks a lot. <_<

Anyways, if it does get rained-out, the last set of scores will stand, meaning semi-finals.

Edited by sburstall