PR DM video and dog tags

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=d...fe-3747306c0644

Great video on PR's DM Darian!

Q on the content -- looks like PR has something going with dog tags... is this a PR thing? Just curious, looks cool to see all the dog tags on the members during the video.

Q on the content -- looks like PR has something going with dog tags... is this a PR thing? Just curious, looks cool to see all the dog tags on the members during the video.

I'd wondered the same thing. Never heard of it before...

I've been told by members I've sponsored that this started (the dog tag thing) in/around 2003. Apparently, if I'm correct, each section has their own - as does the entire corps , not sure the guard has them, but, the reaffirm what I said, in the "On The Road w/PR" DVD -- The concuctors in 2003 explain the dogtags and that it make it more a sense of unity, militaristic conformity -- and on finals night -- the Age Out leave ONE of the two tags on the field .

Hope this helps. PR staff, alums feel feel to correct or add anything I might have misquoted or forgot.........

GO PHOR IT REGIMET !!!!!

I still have half of my tags from 03. Story I heard was that it started in 02 with the soprano section, and then caught on. We received them after our first show at the Special Olympics. They are much like normal dog tags, with your name, instrument, etc.

Dave (DM) talks about it on the 03 video I think

It actually started in 2001 with the Soprano line and in 02 the whole corps started wearing them. At finals each member places one of their dog tags in a pile to signify the corps death. It's quite emotional. I still have mine from 02 and 03.

SUTA