Buffalo(ed)....

Gah, people are booing the Scouts scores again? That's so last decade.

Scouts fans, you got your score jump. Troop hasn't gone up in a week, will you now be demanding that it's our turn? :)

Troopers and Scouts were my personal favorites last night in buffalo. Great job to both corps! Both should be really proud no matter the scores. People boo to show support to Madison because their show is that entertaining. Really. (please rethink the ending tho, you had one of the most powerfull hornlines out there last night, don't end with a whimper, blow the house down!) I know the ending makes sense to the intro, but I was left a little disappointed.) The intro was the best. Man, that just kept building and building to that company front. Fantastic!

I have no comment on the other corps, including Santa Clara (I'm a long time fan too..). All fabulous but I didn't leave the stadium humming their tunes. I was humming Kasmir....ps I didn't boo

Edited by Mike_B

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's remember that there is no such thing as "standings" unless the corps are competing at the same event. SCV didn't move ahead of anyone last night.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call Madison in last place ... (This is sad.) :(

Guess you feel a bit silly this morning! Hopefully in a good way! Scouts up 2 points!

The other big news of the night (seemingly somewhat overlooked)..........................

A jump of four points for Spirit, putting them in 9th place for the day. I know, different contests, different panels, blah blah blah, and only one night, etc., etc. -- BUT still good news for Spirit fans going into the Allentown contest.

If they can stay near where they scored last night, the race for 9-12 changes quite a bit.

Here's hoping!!

Troopers and Scouts were my personal favorites last night in buffalo. Great job to both corps! Both should be really proud no matter the scores. People boo to show support to Madison because their show is that entertaining. Really. (please rethink the ending tho, you had one of the most powerfull hornlines out there last night, don't end with a whimper, blow the house down!) I know the ending makes sense to the intro, but I was left a little disappointed.) The intro was the best. Man, that just kept building and building to that company front. Fantastic!

I have no comment on the other corps, including Santa Clara (I'm a long time fan too..). All fabulous but I didn't leave the stadium humming their tunes. I was humming Kasmir....ps I didn't boo

right on, this shows that the Scouts can make the jump to top 17 and possibly more,...............they still have a lot of work to do, but there is definitely room to grow their score by leaps such as last night, as they get things finished up,..................still missing the 4th tenor player, two sopranos sat out the second half of the show, much work to do cleaning up the drill, sets, in many areas seem jumbled, etc.................if they get these things sorted out,.....................and I agreewith MikeB, get rid of the let down ending, reprise the opener maybe, and get the Led out!................... Uniforms look decent, I wish they had white pants tho,............some dirty rifle work near the beginning of the show, had me wondering if they trying to overstep their abilities, but the later feature when the corps was spread out end to end, front to back they hit some nice stuff,..................some real interval problems during that spread out section that really must be hurting them, contras in the back left corner, seemed like they forgot what they should be doing, then recovered pretty well when they closed everything up and moved on,...................in my book, they had the most appeal, and crowd responce during their show, over all the others,...................I really like the Troopers show also, nice jazzy section that had the crowds attention...................Cascades and Southwind?,.................I have no idea what the show designers are thinking, just not my cup of tea, SCV was real good, Cymbal section on the field should do a bit more playing and leave the guard work to the guard,........................they were lost somewhere in the drill during the percussion feature,..................loved the guard! California Girls! all smiles, and really selling their efforts,......................Spirit marches very well, and that is possibly the strongest caption for them,.................

..................we didn't stay for the announcing of the scores, but as a Scouts fan, I certainly knew that they beat a couple, if not a few of the corps last night, and I was reall happy with that, and also knowing they have the chance to raise the bar for themselves and reap the rewards for it,........................

Edited by Gary Matczak