DCA CURRENT STANDINGS

And sometimes it's inaccurate to compare scores in the same show, as I've seen this past Saturday in Clifton. ^0^

Perhaps all shows should be a clap exercise until prelims. It's almost anti-climactic hearing the scores at the end of the night. Like watching a pretty good movie until the very last scene when the ending changes your opinion about it, 1408…(SUCKED). :worthy:

I was enjoying the night and had fun watching the shows, but when the scores were read I couldn't help feeling sour. The placements were right on, but the spreads made no sense to me. Am I whacked out? I managed to agree with the judges on placement, but what is it about the details that I’m missing that would cause me to misjudge the spreads?

Perhaps there should be more beer served at drum corps shows; then it wouldn’t matter. :blah:

I'm with you. It often makes no sense to me. No expert here, mind you; but, sometimes, the differences seem obvious and the scores just don't reflect it.

SOMETIMES, the answer lies in the recaps which might show a particularly strong (or weak) caption, that one hadn't considered (or is not obvious, at the pay-grade of the individual spectator) helping to close the gap on more obvious (to us) captions.

Other times... I just don't get it.

But, I guess, as long as they get the ranking correct.....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as it doesn;t rain again!!!

Why not? Paetec Park has excellent warming facilities in case of inclement weather.

hand%20dryer.jpg

Why not? Paetec Park has excellent warming facilities in case of inclement weather.

hand%20dryer.jpg

Dude....Paetec could've had a friggin' warehouse full of those thing on the field and it wouldn't done a #### thing! :P

We were singing "You Are my Sunshine" at the entry gate during prelims...we should'a been singing "Under the Sea" instead!

Paetec, fond memories of no lines, no yard markers(and if there were, i did not see any), and so much rain that i think even Noah would have said that is too much.

hand%20dryer.jpg

i became all too familiar with these things the day after prelims - spending all morning drying out my mallets so I could use them later for rehearsal and the show on Sunday night.

:blink:

Never thought I would see weather conditions that would make me long for Waterbury...

While last year was a little rough, this year, I believe, that this year the numbers do stand for themselves.

No they don't. The best read we got on the West (is best) Coast was when we had an actual DCA judge out here and even then you can't compare those scores to other shows from that particular weekend because we weren't judged against each other.