DCA CURRENT STANDINGS

OH MY GOD....that's who I was thinking of when I wrote it.

Whoa.............

:beer:

...I just HAVE to go mow my lawn now...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll still give em a run for their money though! :beer:

That's awesome, I am glad you guys are doing well. Can't wait to see MCL! Game on!

But, similar to a few weeks ago, when people were comparing scores in a vacuum before Renegades met up with other senior corps, no one should make the mistake of assuming that a random season-lowest score out of nowhere in Modesto means that a 5-time consecutive DCA finalist corps in the midst of a great season is suddenly worse than it was at the start of the season, and in danger of falling out of DCA Finals.

I don't compare math, but Renegades just had the 4th highest score in the country. Now, it is suddenly around the 55th or so. What does that mean? I don't know, but I do know that our corps is better than it was a few weeks ago, and that is probably why I hate math. lol.

In any event, I am planning on the Renegades giving the top-5 DCA corps a run for their money in Rochester. I understand a lot of DCA corps are good this year, so only time will tell, but the Renegades are a better drum corps than they have been a long time, and no one should not use the wacky Modesto score as a predictor of things to come.

Now, it is suddenly around the 55th or so.

17th! How dare you try and overshadow our 22nd place!

#### Renegades... Always trying to be bigger and better than everyone else. We've worked hard for our 22nd place. Please don't steal our thunder.

:blink:

17th! How dare you try and overshadow our 22nd place!

#### Renegades... Always trying to be bigger and better than everyone else. We've worked hard for our 22nd place. Please don't steal our thunder.

:blink:

Ahhhh there we go! no one has had any outrage, or even mock outrage at one of Lee's posts, in like , at least 10 hours. :P

and here's hoping that everyone is at their absolute best over labor day, cause, isnt it more fun to whoop up on someone , when you know they were at their best?

nuthin but love

Edited by Chester

the wacky Modesto score

Huh, huh! he said "Wacky!" Huh, huh!

I think the wacky part is that this has generated over 12 pages of posts. Anyone who has stayed awake through a DCA season knows that all these scores mean NOTHING until we all march on the same field, in front of the same judges.

One guy hated the Renegades and wrote about it. So? I think Lee would agree that bad press is better than no press. If I were a member of Renegades, I'd be way more PO'ed if somebody wrote, "What a mediocre show. I don't really remember any of it. All I know is that by the end I was wondering why I hadn't gone to get a hotdog and some more 50/50 tickets." or even worse, my Mother's review of many things she has seen, "It was nice."

Edited by MJH

two semi-random comments:

One: Yes, CV was "ranked" in 5th this time last year but the difference, I hope, this year is that we'll have two more DCA scores with DCA judges this month. Should prove to be beneficial to our scores, but more importantly to the exposure of us to the judges and the judges to us....so when we see judge x at finals, it won't be the 1st read.

Two: One very interesting thing to note for us (CV) is that our DCI judged DCA scores have held up from week to week....by that I mean that when we've gone from DCI shows to DCA shows, the scores have progressed each time. I hear a lot of "well it was DCI judges so it doesn't mean anything or mean as much, blah blah blah" but at least for us, it's proving to be very consistent and fairly matching up with DCA judges.

That is all.

Jonathan,

I'm glad someone else has noticed.

I really thought that scores would be the usual "Huh?" moment it has been year after year, but I too have been amazed at how close the reads have been to the DCA judge reads at the DCI competitions.

I'm willing to bet that now that the DCI judges have had some instruction in DCA judging, and future years will bring more exposure (as DCA grows) that the DCI judge reads will become more and more valuable over time.

I, for one, am just glad to have plenty of opportunity to perform locally and get quality reads that are actually helpful and give us things to work on that pay off when we get seen by DCA judges.