DCA CURRENT STANDINGS

We know we put a better show on the field than we had at Brass Hysteria. Granted, our numbers were a little smaller. Sure, Mesquite is in the Dallas area, so it's a "home show." But, when you have a lot of members that drive from 4 hours away and often have to carpool on the weekends to rehearsal...

I headed home after the last perfomrnace. I was pooped. So, my wife told me the score since she stayed. I was initially devastated to hear the score. But, then took it all into consideration and just about everyone is thinking, "DCI judges don't know how to score DCA."

Perhaps I'm just delusional in that way of thinking. But, looking at this corps... Heck, ANY corps and it's impossible for me to believe that with as much work as we all put into the show that it's possible that any corps would regress that badly.

But, it's good to get beaten up a bit. Makes you mad and wanna say, "You think it's so bad, you get out here and show us how it's done. I'll show YOU." and you pour that much more into into prep for the next show. I expect to get beaten up Sunday as well. Brass on the Bayou will be a good chance for us to realign since we'll have other DCA corps around. Then the Minnesota weekend.

In the last couple of years, we've noticed that when we do a two-show weekend our score is always lower for what we felt was the "better" performance. It gets discouraging, but we came up with a mantra that reflects this trend...

"A perfect 0 at Finals."

It's just inconsistencies in the numbers. No big deal. If Brass can jump 8.5 points in 3 days, you can recover those 5 points easily. And the numbers won't start to matter until August anyway. Isn't it an average of your August scores that determines your prelims placement?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Renegades have an uphill battle score-wise in 2007. The current standings show that the Renegades are getting cooked by a number of other DCA drum corps (both East Coast and Non-East Coast).

Pre-Lims will be the final dagger in Drumlaw80's "My Immortal" design concept. Not even floating coffins, aparitions, Etc ... will revive this corpse or is that corps ... oh well good luck to all drum corps in 2007.

LOL

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Tooooatally. They suck. They're coming in 12th place.

^0^

does anyone know what happened to gulf coast in there last show they dropped almost 5 points?

????-We were confused by the number last night, but in a show with SVC and Cavies, a number given to the only DCA corps doesn't really mean that much. We are better than we were in Dallas, we will be even better at our home show next Saturday.

One thought-this was our first weeknight competition ever. We all went to work, snuck out early, drove through horrible Houston traffic, warmed up, did a pep talk, and did the show. We were missing a few out-of-town folks that couldn't make it in, so there were about 4 holes last night. We didn't do any marching run-throughs and didn't have a 5 hour practice before showtime, so it was kinda weird compared to most showdays. With all that we stilll put out a better product then we did in Dallas.

I saw part of the video from last night, and I am pretty happy with what I saw. We sold lots of stuff to the crowd (Lots of Cavies fans!), got lots of names on our info list, crowd stood and yelled for us, so it was a great night.

????-We were confused by the number last night, but in a show with SVC and Cavies, a number given to the only DCA corps doesn't really mean that much. We are better than we were in Dallas, we will be even better at our home show next Saturday.

One thought-this was our first weeknight competition ever. We all went to work, snuck out early, drove through horrible Houston traffic, warmed up, did a pep talk, and did the show. We were missing a few out-of-town folks that couldn't make it in, so there were about 4 holes last night. We didn't do any marching run-throughs and didn't have a 5 hour practice before showtime, so it was kinda weird compared to most showdays. With all that we stilll put out a better product then we did in Dallas.

I saw part of the video from last night, and I am pretty happy with what I saw. We sold lots of stuff to the crowd (Lots of Cavies fans!), got lots of names on our info list, crowd stood and yelled for us, so it was a great night.

Weeknight shows SUCK! At least for all-age corps anyway. CV is sooo lucky this year in that all of the DCI shows we attended were on weekends. We've had the same issues in the past. Keep pushing!

I hope you guys don't get too beat down by the score. Over here in Dallas we're dealing with the same kind of "But... But... But... What do you mean the score went DOWN?" kind of reaction.

We all just did our first DCI shows EVER. And it wasn't a train wreck that will make the organizers say, "Ummm... About next year... I think we'll pass." Both our corps (and DCA in general) got a shot in the arm from these shows. We're doing a DCI show in Denton on Sunday. You know we're gonna bring it.

I just wish I could actually SEE your show. Never seems to work out that way since we typically go on in such a way that I've yet to see a GCS performance.

Tooooatally. They suck. They're coming in 12th place.

^0^

Yeah. It's true. I just canceled my plane tickets to Rochester.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Ya know, sometimes it is just best to skip reading DCP but I like to hear about all of the activity in the rest of the country...then I read about someone just bashing Renegades and the 2007 show. It is easy to focus on your anger or frustration with a single person and lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of people pouring their heart into a show they love. Stop bashing a whole group of people that love this activity - just PM the one person you seem to hate.

We are all in the same boat - just shut up, do your show and let us fall in love with the efforts of every show out there. Best to put up AND shut up because otherwise all you are doing is tearing down an activity. That is not helpful to anyone.

I am like the next person....trophies and the acknowledgement are great - been there - done that and will do it again in areas of life. I will say this - my time performing with Renegades is more freeing and fun than most realize. We are serious about trying to put out a quality show that is also really entertaining. If I can be a part of making the crowd cheer, bop to the beat ---- then I have succeeded. I am going to shut up and just put up a good performance but at least I am not tearing down any one else's show...I challenge any negative people to do the same. This is supposed to be fun!

I don't travel hours and hours to a rehearsal with this 48 yr old body and work it with a great guard without the above stated goals. I wish all corps a great experience this summer.

Looks like the Renegades have an uphill battle score-wise in 2007. The current standings show that the Renegades are getting cooked by a number of other DCA drum corps (both East Coast and Non-East Coast).

Pre-Lims will be the final dagger in Drumlaw80's "My Immortal" design concept. Not even floating coffins, aparitions, Etc ... will revive this corpse or is that corps ... oh well good luck to all drum corps in 2007.

LOL

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

time to up the meds,.....................................

Ya know, sometimes it is just best to skip reading DCP but I like to hear about all of the activity in the rest of the country...then I read about someone just bashing Renegades and the 2007 show. It is easy to focus on your anger or frustration with a single person and lose sight of the fact that there are a lot of people pouring their heart into a show they love. Stop bashing a whole group of people that love this activity - just PM the one person you seem to hate.

We are all in the same boat - just shut up, do your show and let us fall in love with the efforts of every show out there. Best to put up AND shut up because otherwise all you are doing is tearing down an activity. That is not helpful to anyone.

I am like the next person....trophies and the acknowledgement are great - been there - done that and will do it again in areas of life. I will say this - my time performing with Renegades is more freeing and fun than most realize. We are serious about trying to put out a quality show that is also really entertaining. If I can be a part of making the crowd cheer, bop to the beat ---- then I have succeeded. I am going to shut up and just put up a good performance but at least I am not tearing down any one else's show...I challenge any negative people to do the same. This is supposed to be fun!

I don't travel hours and hours to a rehearsal with this 48 yr old body and work it with a great guard without the above stated goals. I wish all corps a great experience this summer.

:worthy::worthy: AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy::worthy: