HOW SAD!

maybe he should learn to let go?

:P

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out some DCA shows?

CODI, dude, I have no idea who you are or your background and experience in the Drum Corp Activity. But, whenever I read what you have to say, all I can see is some Grumpy Old Man who just complains about everything he doesn't agree with. Your not productive in getting your point of view across nor make an effort to gain support for your ideals! I have tried to respect your reasoning but just find it so difficult. I been holding back and wasn't going to say anything else but since this has been turned into a day time Soap Drama what the heck why not! I know that we are suppose to respect our elders from the "Good Ole Day's" but in todays society the philosophy is, respect is a two way street. It is given when earned! I probably lost you already with that comment! When I read your commentaries I can't help but laugh and think of the two old men on the Muppet Show, minus their sense of humor! Soo, Cheers to you! I am sure you'll have a thousand insults to slam my way and how I am a young ignorant rookie fool who knows nothing about Drum Corp or life. However, I just look at the ignorance towards the activity and life that is being portrayed and hope you could maybe one day open yourself up to today and expand your horizons. And if you don't then thats good for you! You don't have to go to DCI shows and suffer the modernist of it all and the athleticism and creativity of GE, Drill, Music, and Pagentry of the guard. Or enjoy how the activity has expanded, evolved into the national event it is today. They have Alumni Organizations that commemorate the past and are local in your area that do the old school start on one side, halt on the 50, blow your brains out, and finish on the other! You don't even have to commute far! I admire the tradition and respect the past. But I live in today for today! "Carpe Diem" "No Day But Today!"

6a00c10e0f6746d3b400c22529f4338fdb-.jpg

Edited by marimbadude84

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

I dunno, man. $260 ATL to LAX.... I'm thinking that's a freaking deal.

I dunno, man. $260 ATL to LAX.... I'm thinking that's a freaking deal.

Must be that Airtran special that I got.

marimbadude84

"You don't have to go to DCI shows and suffer the modernist to it all and the athleticism and creativity of GE, Drill, Music, and Pagentry of the guard. Or enjoy how the activity has expanded and is a national even international activity."

Had a great time in the activity in the 70's and 80's and love the innovation and grace of the activity today. Truly the vehicle may have changed, but the "corps values" (Ha Ha) remain the same. Young people working their tails off 16 hours a day sleeping on gym floors for that perfect performance. Don't care what decade you are in, there just isn't anything better. IMO

Must be that Airtran special that I got.

marimbadude84

"You don't have to go to DCI shows and suffer the modernist to it all and the athleticism and creativity of GE, Drill, Music, and Pagentry of the guard. Or enjoy how the activity has expanded and is a national even international activity."

Had a great time in the activity in the 70's and 80's and love the innovation and grace of the activity today. Truly the vehicle may have changed, but the "corps values" (Ha Ha) remain the same. Young people working their tails off 16 hours a day sleeping on gym floors for that perfect performance. Don't care what decade you are in, there just isn't anything better. IMO

I appreciate all Drum Corp past and present. The same with movies, music, art, cuisine, and culture.. Life is a constant evolutionary journey of discovering and experiencing new things from music to art to architecture and technology. As far as Drum Corp goes I love the activity and find it to be the greatest thing in my life. it is something I hold a strong passion and connection to. Drum Corp is a huge extended family network that brings people of all backgrounds and stages of life to one common ground! My commentary was directed towards CODI and how I feels about his perception of the activity and Yes it has changed! I may have my not like what a certain corps does, I may not like a specific piece of art, nor agree with a certain persons ideals but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate its pageantry, or admire its beauty of perfection, or respect that persons point of view. But sometimes its so hard to keep your mouth shout! Man would I love to see a rifle line or guard in todays world be as solid and clean like it did back in the day. When everyone tossed at the exact heights and rotations. GORGEOUS! or the perfection of drill and the level of discipline it took to march. And I have to admire all the people that used to haul a giant tympani and 100lb tenors around! I have family and friends who come from all times in history of the organization and it is great to hear and share the stories. But my favorite thing about this organization is when you think your all alone, all you have to do is look over your shoulder and there is someone somewhere that you marched with or has marched that you instantly share a connection and bond together! and that no matter where championships is held is something you can never break apart!

Edited by marimbadude84

Dude 84:

Your english teach of 101 must be really impressed on how you start you missive's.

Dude is so "lame"!!!

I will be very blute with you why I don't like DCI and their ideas, because it s----!!!!!!!!

It is just a matter of time before it becomes a band circus.

"Just thinking of the good old days "DUDE""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CODI

I had to write, so I could get back on page one.

Dude 84:

Your english teach of 101 must be really impressed on how you start you missive's.

Dude is so "lame"!!!

I will be very blute with you why I don't like DCI and their ideas, because it s----!!!!!!!!

It is just a matter of time before it becomes a band circus.

"Just thinking of the good old days "DUDE""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CODI

I had to write, so I could get back on page one.

Its all good! I was kinda dissapointed it wasnt number 1. It didn't deserve to be way back on page 4. Atleast we share that common ground!

Soup is delicious. I have a bowl of jambalaya twice a week at the office where I work. French onion soup, however, is the king of soups. Some people put crackers in their soup, but I don't.

I sometimes eat crackers with my soup but I don't put them in. I don't like soggy crackers.

This thread is hilarious. The east coast-west coast fight, the old-fart/young-pup fight, my slang is better than yours, i'm part of the progressive movement and you're stuck in last season dude/man/bra/bro/homie/cuz/killa/G/pimp/money! Keep it going because I am thoroughly entertained. This thread makes me think of the South Park episode where everyone started driving the hybrids...funny stuff!

Edited by MelloDisciple