HOW SAD!

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

Just think of some of the great shows that extended into July and August, such as the U. S Open, World Open, CYO Nationals,

VFW Nationals, American Legion Nationals.

We could even extend the Circuit Championships. NY/NJ Champions, NJ/Penn Champions, Eastern Mass. Champions, Boston CYO Champions, Mayflowers Champions, and all the Circuit Championships in Conn. and the midwest into early Sept. I remember marching in a show in October, yes that is right, October!!

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

I would rather sit in the old Roosevelt Stadium on a hot August afternoon, and watch 6 of the top Juniors, and 6 of the top Seniors,

and not know who was going to win.

Now we all now the "slotting" is in place, why buy a ticket, when nothing changes.

Even though some of these shows are hundreds of miles apart, believe me, they are on the cell phones dictating. on how to keep the scores within tenths of each other.

Believe me. This is better the WWE!!!!

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!!

CODI

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is :music:

Excessive airfares? Yeah, like those of us from out here have NEVER had to pay those for Finals night :music:

Soup is delicious. I have a bowl of jambalaya twice a week at the office where I work. French onion soup, however, is the king of soups. Some people put crackers in their soup, but I don't.

I would rather sit in the old Roosevelt Stadium on a hot August afternoon, and watch 6 of the top Juniors, and 6 of the top Seniors, and not know who was going to win.

you forgot "...and we LIKED it!!!"

DaCa-Grumpy%20Old%20Man.jpg

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

Just think of some of the great shows that extended into July and August, such as the U. S Open, World Open, CYO Nationals,

VFW Nationals, American Legion Nationals.

We could even extend the Circuit Championships. NY/NJ Champions, NJ/Penn Champions, Eastern Mass. Champions, Boston CYO Champions, Mayflowers Champions, and all the Circuit Championships in Conn. and the midwest into early Sept. I remember marching in a show in October, yes that is right, October!!

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

I would rather sit in the old Roosevelt Stadium on a hot August afternoon, and watch 6 of the top Juniors, and 6 of the top Seniors,

and not know who was going to win.

Now we all now the "slotting" is in place, why buy a ticket, when nothing changes.

Even though some of these shows are hundreds of miles apart, believe me, they are on the cell phones dictating. on how to keep the scores within tenths of each other.

Believe me. This is better the WWE!!!!

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!!

CODI

Slotting you say?

Tell me then..

Out of the Top 7 (who are all within how many points of each-other? ~2.6, which is not including tonights Allentown results), who is slotted to win?

Better yet..

With 12-15 being within ~1.7 points of each-other, who is guaranteed the 12th and last Finals spot?

Edited by sobe

Just wondering because I honestly have no clue,

Did this sort of thing happen when there were championships on the east coast so many times...and did people on the West Coast complain about it?

yes they complained, and rightly so...

... but, there's nothing quite like the manning bowl or clifton or j. birney on a hot august night.

Soup is delicious. I have a bowl of jambalaya twice a week at the office where I work. French onion soup, however, is the king of soups. Some people put crackers in their soup, but I don't.

Seinfeld-Soup-Nazi.jpg

(Click) NO Soup for you!!!

Edited by S. Pearson

well after tonight I see

July 9 - Hershey, PA

Music in Motion-Pennsylvania

July 10 - Charleston, WV

Drums Across the Tri-State

July 10 - Salem, VA

The SUMMER MUSIC GAMES of Southwest Virginia

July 11 - Chesapeake, VA

TIDEWATER SUMMER MUSIC GAMES

So there will be dci shows up to the 11th

Since when was:

Atlanta, GA

Charlotte, NC

Charleston, WV

Salem, VA

Not on the East Coast?

Also most of the time the latest west coast show is like the first week in July.