Some Allentown Frustration

The numbers don't lie. Never said that he had anything against Lee Beddis. But his number over a few years say that he does have something against Carolina Crown.

Not buying it. And it's unprovable anyway. As I stated in a previous thread, people tend to look at a few big shows when the numbers from a certain judge aren't what they want to see, but there are probably numerous other examples of that same judge giving that corps very good numbers and even having them above other corps (who are probably then thinking that this judge is out to get THEM!). But people never talk about when the numbers/placements are fine or when they actually are higher. They focus on when they are down...and magnify the situation when it happens at a big show. Alan's a good judge, and I don't think he has some sort of personal vendetta against the Carolina Crown. Unless he's recalling that time when Crown killed his dog. :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying it. And it's unprovable anyway. As I stated in a previous thread, people tend to look at a few big shows when the numbers from a certain judge aren't what they want to see, but there are probably numerous other examples of that same judge giving that corps very good numbers and even having them above other corps

People also have a tendancy to look at all the numbers and reach an opinion based on those numbers. The numbers reflect a lower score from one particluar judge than others, then I guess the original person that wrote this thread could have a point.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

I challenge you to show the good numbers then

I challenge thee. Haha. I could honestly care less, just giving a good judge the benefit of the doubt which I feel he has more than earned. Lee's teaching the line there now. He's been good to Lee in the past, if not totally fair. If he has a grudge against Crown (which nobody can prove), then he'll have to damage whatever positive relationship he has with Lee in order to stick it to Crown. I don't see that happening. The season's not over yet. Their drumline is improved, but still has a ways to go. It's just drum corps. :)

The difference, though, is that you're looking at it as if he's just seeing "Carolina Crown" and automatically putting a low number down. When anyone with ears can tell you that Crown's percussion book and performance this year is very different than it was in the past. Because Lee Beddis is now running the program. Alan knows this. So while you're going back to see how Kristensen has judged Crown's drumlines in the past, you should also go back and look at the numbers he's given Lee Beddis' previous drumlines. I took a quick glance at the lines he had with Glassmen and Crossmen, and I'd say he's been more than fair with Lee's lines at the "big shows." I realize these don't represent EVERY show he ever judged a Lee Beddis drumline, but I think it's more than enough to show that he's not a judge who goes out to dump Lee's lines for no good reason.

Glassmen 1999

DCI semifinals

AK had them 5th

the corps finished 5th

Glassmen 2000

AK had them 8th

the corps finished 8th

Crossmen 2002

Indianapolis regional

AK had them 7th

the corps finished 9th

Crossmen 2002

DCI Finals

AK had them 6th

the corps finished 9th

Crossmen 2003

Indianapolis regional

AK had them 6th

the corps finished 9th

Crossmen 2003

San Antonio regional

AK had them 7th

the corps finished 9th

Crossmen 2003

DCI Finals

AK had them 7th

the corps finished 9th

Don't forget his years with Madison....

Date, Scores, Judge

6/21 Crown 14.7, BAC 14.3 Martin Griffin

6/22 Crown 15.4, BAC 14.4 Glenn Fugett

6/23 Crown 15.4, BAC 14.8 Chris Romanowski

6/25 Crown 15.5, BAC 14.7 Chris Romanowski

***6/26 Crown 14.5, BAC 14.7 Allan Kristensen

6/28 Crown 15.5, BAC 15.0 Rich Zamperini

6/29 Crown 15.7, BAC 14.7 Neil Sylvia

6/30 Crown 16.0, BAC 14.8 Jeff Prosperie

7/2 Crown 16.1, BAC 15.5 JJ Pipitone

7/4 Crown 16.1, BAC 15.5 Neil Sylvia

7/6 Crown 16.1, BAC 15.6 Jason Hall

7/7 Crown 16/9, BAC 16.5 JJ Pipitone

***7/7 Crown 15.6, BAC 15.7 Allan Kristensen

Im sorry but if that isnt just really weird and suspicious looking I don't know what is.

As long as the judges have the "oh I give this corps a XX.xx outt their heads, we will have this "problem". Go back to ticks and see who really is the best drum line rather than play a guessing game.

And that's because ticks were used so objectively? Puhleeze.

This is all somewhat ########. To look at a judge's scores that you don't agree with on two occasions and suddenly come up with a conspiracy theory is asinine. There are so many factors in judging, one cannot just decide to pin scores they don't like on a crooked judge to make themselves feel better.