What annoys me most...

last name as their first name. Who in their right mind would do that. :P

I've got good company backing me up!

Tommy Thompson, former governor of Wisconsin, Secretary of Health & Human Services, presidential candidate

Harold "Robby" Robinson, Crossmen hall-of-famer

(I've actually stopped going by Nate professionally, but I was still Nate back in my corps days :laugh:)

Berps? Is that what they're called?

Edited by bigCPApi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Thompson, former governor of Wisconsin, Secretary of Health & Human Services, presidential candidate

(I've actually stopped going by Nate professionally, but I was still Nate back in my corps days :laugh:)

If you mean the black plastic that is on the front of all the horns then yes. They do it to make us buzz AND have our horns up at the same time....######## :)

Ohh, and only you would actually research people who use their first names as their last names. You probably thought I was someone new who was noticing that, when really i was just enjoying an old joke

Nate!!!! get away from my band.... :blink:

Used to be a DJ in NY named William B. Williams. I used to wonder if his middle initial stood for Bill.

annoyances? DUTs, TACET, RETREAT

the "DUT" seems to be the real issue of this thread and I join the objectors

it has gotten out of control

seems like its done more than necessary without even being given a 2nd thought, like DUT is the default for tacet

speaking of tacet, thats my grievance, particularly snare lines that tacet forever

particularly high scoring drumlines that arent playing very much

the most accurate drummer, infuriating, what a crock

if there isnt going to be a full retreat do not make me sit through some bush league hackers tapping on electronic pads

at least make them do something interesting, a very difficult rudimental sequence and judge that

East, it aint what it used to be... mom, dad, station wagon, sandwiches, tastykakes and sun screen

going home after all day corps show hallucinating people marching and writing shows in my head

the radio only played drum corps, it was all I could hear

oh wait! Madison Scouts drum major salute... sorry, looks like some blimey from WW I

out...

Edited by BeinGreen

Nate!!!! get away from my band.... :laugh:

Research? Bah!

:doh: Nick, I'm embarrassed for you!

And yeah, shows without a retreat (and usually, with a canned national anthem) are a cop-out, IMHO.

(I've actually stopped going by Nate professionally, but I was still Nate back in my corps days :doh:)

OK...were Tommy Thompson's parents the most unoriginal thinkers in all the free world? <$1 to Mr. Stphen Colbert>

Going back to the original theme of the topic... if I could change anything, I would no longer have three first names!