boston crusaders

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of liked their opening to their show, but I couldn't see the ending (big guy got in the way). The music sounded great, but I like the drill even more.

Can't wait to try and beat them ;)

Sorry, I got up to go get some nachos.

I got to see Boston tonight for the first time this year. I liked much of their show. I think it is

visually stronger than last year. I really liked the music book with the exception of the closer

"LaFiesta". I think they should turn the corps lose on this one, even more "in your face".

Other than that, I loved the brass sound. Some very nice moments with both battery and pit.

I think they have a good chance of ending up 8th, but I don't see them getting up there with

the current top 7.

I am supposed to HATE Boston. Just cause...every body and every team has a rival and for some reason Boston was mine....

That said. This is the best Boston show I've seen in a LOOOONNNGG time. One of my three favorites from this season. Very good stuff. I quite enjoyed it. Can't wait to see it again.

Maybe next year I can hate them again :-P

*deleted on account of not suppose to be watching other's shows during season*

<**> That's a real shame. Watching other corps was always quite a learning experience when I marched. Not to mention enjoyable. It would have been a very boring season if I didn't get a chance to enjoy watching other corps perform. I mean...I love drum corps and want to watch and enjoy any chance I get. I'm really sorry to hear that. You are missing out. Some staffs just take things a little too seriously I guess. <**>

Edited by passionatedc

for some reason, i think boston is everybodies rivals....

And why is that?

Not really sure. We shared a housing site with them a couple of times in 02, and I don't remember them being exactly friendly to us. Maybe it's from marching around with their elbows all puffed up :-D In all seriousness, tho, a friend of mine marched BAC in 97. I'm not a hater.

I really wanted to like this show, saw it at Giants Stadium. I had a hard time getting around the fact that I felt like I'd seen this show and heard the arrangement before. I wasn't in love with it, and it didn't exactly rip me out of my seat. Still, they did have some loud moments.

Also, I don't think they've put in the hit from Conquest, which disappointed me. I wanted to yell the grunts! (maybe that's why my memory is blurry?)

I had a hard time getting around the fact that I felt like I'd seen this show and heard the arrangement before.

I’ve seen the show a few times and it is enjoyable. They are clearly benchmarking to the 2000 program in trying to replicate the high level of intensity and tension. It is definitely a loud, in-your-face, aggressive show and maybe even a little angry (which isn’t a bad thing). They perform the show well and sound great. However, in agreement with the above comment, my only beef with the show is that it seems like a lot of it has been done before with very similar arrangements, but this is probably a welcome change to many drum corps fans. I also had the same feeling about some of the visual elements. As long as they can finish strong, I believe they are a legitimate contender for 8th place, although I am partial at this stage to the Blue Knights show.