Young'ins In Drum Corps

Actually, it depends on where you live. My son's last day of school this year was May 18th, and the corps' Spring Training started on May 19th. We get home from Finals on Aug. 12th, his football practice starts at 6:30 AM on Aug. 13th, and his first day of school is Aug. 15th. Nice summer vacation, huh? :o

Wow - that's quite a schedule for a teenager. Do you ever worry about some sort of burn out?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

careful -

'Tis but a joke between forum friends :)

I see - I posted what I did without knowing the inside joke. It's so hard to tell what people really mean based on a post.

I see - I posted what I did without knowing the inside joke. It's so hard to tell what people really mean based on a post.

and I know what you mean, but in this case Nancy will appreciate it as well. She is ^OO^

Wow - that's quite a schedule for a teenager. Do you ever worry about some sort of burn out?

My son's schedule is similar, except he starts school on the 13th.

Yes we did worry about burn-out, but he seems to be loving every minute of it this year. Time will tell.

Yes we did worry about burn-out, but he seems to be loving every minute of it this year. Time will tell.

For a couple years in a row, I had two finals on May 18th, which was also the same day I was supposed to move in for cadets. Went there right away, came home, and immediately began teaching band for a week. The day that ended, I started college band, until the first day of classes. ...rinse recycle, repeat.

Well I suppose drum corps and sports are things kids WANT to do, so if they can handle it that's awesome.

Edited by acn

Well I suppose drum corps and sports are things kinds WANT to do, so if they can handle it that's awesome.

kinds?? :laugh:

It's all good. :D

You are forgiven.

It's all good. :D

You are forgiven.

thanks -