Your Most Embarrassing Moment in Any Performance

Mine was at Drum Corps East regional in 1991 with Crown. I lost my footing as we began floating a block formation and it took a couple of counts for me to get back into the line I was supposed to be dressed down in. Very Embarrassing!!

Don't be shy, what was yours??

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through the wrong hole in a pass through at semifinals in 2005

98.15 what????

I feel like i made the same mistake at finals, but it was all a blur honestly. Iver never been able to tell from the video

Though I have many more years to mess up, on 06's finals video for div 2/3, you can see me trip up during the percussion feature in Awayday while doing a spin.

Herndon, VA (I think) show in 02. The show almost didn't go on, due to all the rain, but we went ahead on the wet field. I think the field recentered itself on the 40-yard line on side one due to flooding of one of the end zones.

Anyway, the final two moves of the show were, essentially,

1. Jazz run forward and left

2. Jazz run forward and right

3. Halt. Blow. Down.

Didn't get a good plant on the direction change, and skidded a little. Aussie got jolted around, cord into my embrouchure. Made it to the closing set in time without eating turf (and incurring the wrath of the moms), but couldn't play the last note of the show. Frustrating, and embarrassing.

I went through the wrong hole

Nick, did you go into the door? :doh:

Mine was in our 1992 show -- Bluecoats play the Beatles ... it's not talked about often amongst alumni of that season ... some would say that entire show was an "embarrassing moment" ... but we DID have a show that season, one that we worked our TAILS off to make work and sneak into Finals ... over the course of the year, most of the music changed and all but ONE DRILL SET changed from our first show to Finals -- and that set, which was a hold, changed in the hold counts, and the transitions into and out of that set, so it really wasn't "the same" by the end ...

ANYWAY -- my most "embarrassing moment" ... in our "home show" in Massillon ... I played the little two-note tag the hornline had at the end of "Penny Lane" ... I played it well, in time and with decent articulation, as was pointed out by one of our staff members after the performance ... it sounded good, I was told ... of course, we had CUT those notes (either that day or the day before, but this was the first performance since making those cuts and evidentally I was the only one who didn't remember them ...

In fact, when they mentioned that someone played those notes (well, but no longer in the show), I didn't recall it was me ... but the soprano players on either side me in the drill told me that it was me ... I guess I was "in the zone" and didn't remember that I had played them ...

Oh well -- I never played them again ... and at least I played them well ... what's the old saying, "If you're going to make a mistake, make it a good and big one!!"

in 1982, we set up in some band shell like thing and the snare line went all the way up into the back, onto a rack/stand kind of thing. We were very visable, and in typical snare drummer fashion were absolutely sure the whole performance was all about us and our mad skilz... (pun intended!) ... so when we got to a visual stick twirling segment, I ofcourse decided I was cooler than cool and did the vis with a little more "panache' "... and my right stick went flying out my hand and did a cool airborn flip-a-roo and landed somewhere. Too bad I was the only one who did it and it wasn't one of our visuals.

It's probably still sitting there.

2005 midwest somewhere- the "conveyor belt" section in machine during the quad solo. I missed the crab-step stop and go. So....i kept heading towards the end zone while the ENTIRE CORPS was moving in the opposite directing. Flawless recovery btw.

2006- those most awesome triplets in the trumpet duet

/sarcasm off