Your Most Embarrassing Moment in Any Performance

Although I haven't marched corps, I do have a show every weekday morning on ABC, as many of you know. Well, one time in February, Kelly and I were showing our baby pictures on the show. When I showed Kelly's picture I accidentally said, "And here's baby Kathy-Lee." Let me tell you, I was embarassed. And I never heard the end of it after the show! Women and their feelings! Just don't get it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I haven't marched corps, I do have a show every weekday morning on ABC, as many of you know. Well, one time in February, Kelly and I were showing our baby pictures on the show. When I showed Kelly's picture I accidentally said, "And here's baby Kathy-Lee." Let me tell you, I was embarassed. And I never heard the end of it after the show! Women and their feelings! Just don't get it.

:lolhit:

Modesto in '06.

We were using the Dynasty horns with the trigger on the tuning slide (which makes the actual tuning slide only about 3 inches long), and it was wicked hot so I only had about 1/4" of the slide in the horn.

I made it through most of the show, but right at the start of the closer I snapped my horn down and felt something. I wasn't sure what it was at the time, but I figured it out as soon as I tried to play. My tuning slide was gone.

As we were trooping the stands, the brass caption head walked by and I whispered "my tuning slide is somewhere around the 25 near the back hash".

FIVE YEARS OF DRUM CORPS AND A near STELLAR PERFORMANCE RECORD!

1987, Prelims, approx. 1300 hours in the hot Atlanta summer sun. As I recall the moment, I can almost smell the bus fumes and the hint of honeysuckle in the air.

I had an outside set toward the endzone where, I just picked up my rifle for our closing number "Stars and Stripes forever," always a crowd favorite. I enjoyed wearing our selected Cotton-Polly blend, American themed vests for this production (eek). This was my time to shine on our all rifle feature!

Next to take the field was the Santa Clara, their guard stood on the sideline, and just feet from me.

I shouted to the elegant SCV girls, with a tone of authority, "watch this" as I executed a perfect parallel release on my rifle.

:doh: I lost the rifle in the sun and it whacked me in the head and landed at my feet. I was not hurt and quickly recovered the gun, but, to this day I could hear the gasp from those darn ribbon headed SCV girls.

I blame it on the Champaign we drank before we went on the field!

Edited by Cop

WOAH!!!! ARE YOU REALLY REGIS PHILBIN??!!!!

2006- those most awesome triplets in the trumpet duet

/sarcasm off

But those triplets were beautiful....and the tone quality,....just to die for ^0^

I was always a perc guy, but to this day I can remember our brass instructors telling the hornline : "Don't pop your mouthpieces in, TWIST them in - if you pop them they're either going to get stuck, or fly out when your horn snaps up ". One of our horn guys marched the entire show without a mouthpiece.......glad I wasn't him. :P

Denver 2005

In the middle of Kill Bill, during the elevators, one of the tuba players stepped on the back of one of my shoes. I kept marching hoping that I would be able to stuff my foot back in, but the more I marched the worst it got (and I was marching backwards most of the time). I finally had to make a decision to lose the shoe. Someone kicked the shoe out of the path of the other marchers and I suddenly see the brass judge pick it up and chuck it off the field into the pit. Marched the entire rest of the show with one shoe. Took me an hour to find it again and I ended up missing encore. :doh:

WOAH!!!! ARE YOU REALLY REGIS PHILBIN??!!!!

no... it's the word rider... Terrence I. McGee

I would have to say mine was ralphing on the field in Pittsburgh in 1995. I was dehydrated before the show went on and we never got water (not atypical for Magic) before we went on.

At least we were facing backfield at that moment.

We definitely went out of the way to earn the "Tragic" nickname.