Bluecoats slump

Hanging around isn't the name of the game now. Even though they can and will improve, other corps have been improving now who are in no danger of peaking early. I wouldn't want to be hanging around score wise at all right now while others improve. Logically a corps should be worried about hanging around with the top corps rate of improvement, but maybe Bluecoats will prove me wrong and jump a few points right before finals week to stir it up and then improve during finals week like they normally do. However, the history plateauing and then improving "dramatically" come finals week hasn't gotten them a medal yet. Ideally you want to do it like Phantom did last year, improve improve improve, REALLY improve during finals week.

/opinion off.

You don't think that its at the least bit impressive that the Bluecoats might be the dirtiest of the top 7 right now and they are still knocking on the door to the top 3? There are 3 weeks left to clean. They might have the most room to go of anyone in the top 7. Look at the big picture chief. Hanging around in July is ok, cleaning and being ready for finals week (which I can see this show doing) is even more impressive.

DW

Edited by 93Bluecoat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think that its at the least bit impressive that the Bluecoats might be the dirtiest of the top 7 right now and they are still knocking on the door to the top 3? There are 3 weeks left to clean. They might have the most room to go of anyone in the top 7. Look at the big picture chief. Hanging around in July is ok, cleaning and being ready for finals week (which I can see this show doing) is even more impressive.

DW

They are NOT the dirtiest of the top seven, far from it. Far, far, from it. Vanguard, Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils and yes, even Cadets are much more dirtier, with much more room to improve. Cavaliers show is also much more dificult visual -wise and is rather dirty too.

Bluecoats are clean, really clean in many areas, and ahead of a lot of the top corps in front of them.

~G~

IMO, quite the contrary...I saw the show this past week and thought they were much too clean already.

its funny how you've said that the last several years about the bluecoats too... "they'll never beat madison- they're too clean- they're gonna peak early..." oh man... those were the good old days...

have you noticed that almost every single review has noted their visual dirt and UN-cleanliness?

well, i hope to see them next weekend in san antonio. i think i'll go to their rehearsal site and check em' out, see what the real dig is. but i've been watching this corps since mike mac got there. i knew he was only going to bring great things to this corps. and now they have an all star staff, not to mention the talent pool is deep, from what i've seen in the past years.

but please clean up the vis! i want new blood in the top three!

btw, thanks for keeping this thread actually around topic...everything other thread people get ADD by the second page.

.blah blah blah blue devils hornline was ju.......oo0oo a birdie!

Edited by drumbro13

They are NOT the dirtiest of the top seven, far from it. Far, far, from it. Vanguard, Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils and yes, even Cadets are much more dirtier, with much more room to improve. Cavaliers show is also much more dificult visual -wise and is rather dirty too.

Bluecoats are clean, really clean in many areas, and ahead of a lot of the top corps in front of them.

~G~

I think that's where you're wrong... even though you've been wrong about everything else on this thread.

It's almost funny that we're acting like clean is a bad thing.

The coats have room to improve. If they are "clean, really clean" why are they getting hosed right now in vis?

DW you rock

I think that's where you're wrong... even though you've been wrong about everything else on this thread.

The coats have room to improve. If they are "clean, really clean" why are they getting hosed right now in vis?

DW you rock

Gotcha...oh, btw, want to hear something right ?? Bluecoats will not make top three this year.

~G~

~G~

I say they are one of the dirtiest with the most to go simply from what people have been saying in reviews. The scores in the Visual and GE captions would refute your statement that BD and Cadets are dirty.....box 5 tonight in a few of those captions. I think some would like to sound the death knell for the Bluecoats.....better watch those premature autopsies.

DW

DW you rock

Matt, I'd be ashamed if it weren't true.

DW