Bluecoats slump

I don't think the bluecoats have the demand in the show that the corps above them have. Having said that I don't think the bluedevils have the demand either and they are scoring well. So go figure.

Huh? Bluecoats have as much demand in their show as anyone. Music is difficult ( lots of notes). Drill looks complex and as difficult as BD. Guard books is great. What's missing?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the bluecoats have the demand in the show that the corps above them have. Having said that I don't think the bluedevils have the demand either and they are scoring well. So go figure.

maybe you should consider judging?

Gotcha...oh, btw, want to hear something right ?? Bluecoats will not make top three this year.

~G~

i don't think so either, but now i'd love to see it even more that you said that.

and BD was more than lucky for winning tonight. they didn't win in GE, Visual, OR Music. ouch. THAT, sir, is right.

go bloo

Gotcha...oh, btw, want to hear something right ?? Bluecoats will not make top three this year.

~G~

Man, I don't know what your deal is... I never guaranteed a top 3 spot. I just said I wouldn't count them out. The way this season is turning out even the corps who comes in 7th will be the best 7th place corps in the history of DCI. It's way too early in the season to start counting anyone out. As far as the Bluecoats are concerned semi-finals is way too early in the season to count them out. If you don't believe me ask any member of Carolina Crown, The Madison Scouts, The Santa Clara Vanguard or the Cadets. "This corps has a reputation of ruining your summer the last night they're in town." ($1 to Steph Furnis).

If you were smart you wouldn't count ANYONE out... but no one's accused you of that one. As far as the top seven corps are concerned I would not count one of them out of the top three. The way things are right now I wouldn't count out Carolina Crown or Vanguard. That would be stupid, my friend.

Here's three reasons that you're writing checks you can't cash.

1.) Top Brass at the last 2 major DCI events= Bluecoats

2.) This corps hasn't peaked in this decade and has a reputation of coming out of nowhere.

3.) It's still a long way to California, and there's some changes coming... not just with the Bluecoats' program, but I'd expect from everyone.

So maybe I'm mistaking audacity for ignorance, but I think both shoes fit both feet. I'd like to see some money where your mouth is, but you've got nothing to base it on. Thanks again for the empty prediction. It at least gave me something to rebut.

Actually, they need to change a small portion of their show, the slow part in the middle, quite boring and drags on.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I found myself "tuning out" during the middle of the show...looking around at the crowd...almost forgetting that there was a corps on the field. The only thing that brought my attention back was the guard girl stripping off her orange jumpsuit to reveal a skin-tight uniform that was unzipped down to her belly-button...further revealing what was beneath (i.e. BD '92). Now, being a typical guy, THAT got my attention. It's just a shame that that's what it took... :blink: *sigh* Oh well...

You don't think that its at the least bit impressive that the Bluecoats might be the dirtiest of the top 7 right now and they are still knocking on the door to the top 3? There are 3 weeks left to clean. They might have the most room to go of anyone in the top 7. Look at the big picture chief. Hanging around in July is ok, cleaning and being ready for finals week (which I can see this show doing) is even more impressive.

DW

IMO, I don't see this the same way. I actually see Phantom having the most room for improvement. When I saw them (Bluecoats) in Salem, I was surprised at how clean the show was already. That sent up a lot of red flags for me...

But, that's just me....

Edited by BigBadMadMan

its funny how you've said that the last several years about the bluecoats too... "they'll never beat madison- they're too clean- they're gonna peak early..." oh man... those were the good old days...

have you noticed that almost every single review has noted their visual dirt and UN-cleanliness?

'05...took them until finals night to do so...and that's because the Scouts couldn't decide on a way to end the show. What materialized as an ending was more of a grasping at straws than anything resembling cohesive with the rest of the show.

'06...they deserved to beat them...as did all of the corps who beat them as well.

'07...well, I don't think there's any need to rehash what's happened so far.

as to the last statement, I think there's more than a few people who agree with what I said.

HOWEVER, lest we forget, it's only my opinion...

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Man, I don't know what your deal is... I never guaranteed a top 3 spot. I just said I wouldn't count them out. The way this season is turning out even the corps who comes in 7th will be the best 7th place corps in the history of DCI. It's way too early in the season to start counting anyone out. As far as the Bluecoats are concerned semi-finals is way too early in the season to count them out. If you don't believe me ask any member of Carolina Crown, The Madison Scouts, The Santa Clara Vanguard or the Cadets. "This corps has a reputation of ruining your summer the last night they're in town." ($1 to Steph Furnis).

If you were smart you wouldn't count ANYONE out... but no one's accused you of that one. As far as the top seven corps are concerned I would not count one of them out of the top three. The way things are right now I wouldn't count out Carolina Crown or Vanguard. That would be stupid, my friend.

Here's three reasons that you're writing checks you can't cash.

1.) Top Brass at the last 2 major DCI events= Bluecoats

2.) This corps hasn't peaked in this decade and has a reputation of coming out of nowhere.

3.) It's still a long way to California, and there's some changes coming... not just with the Bluecoats' program, but I'd expect from everyone.

So maybe I'm mistaking audacity for ignorance, but I think both shoes fit both feet. I'd like to see some money where your mouth is, but you've got nothing to base it on. Thanks again for the empty prediction. It at least gave me something to rebut.

Dude, you have way too many issues and are way too biased to be taken seriously, btw I didnt, hence the childish response, hinting at a total lack of concern regarding your future responses. Im glad you love Bluecoats, glad you marched there and glad you can see your ideas as the only reality.

Youshould really find out about a person and where they are coming from before you try to belittle them...not !! In the end you just tell more about you and your personality than anything else.

Based on my opinion, what I have seen twice and my almost 30 yrs of experience, This show is reaching a plateau, others are dirtier and have more demand and diversity in both design and presentation. Bluecoats are one corps I love and always defend, even when you were in diapers, heck, even before you were born. Nothing against them, just stating what I see, too bad you havent grown enough through your drum corps experiences to learn not to take peoples opinions personal, and then try to belittle them instead of inteligently attacking their opinions. Well done !!

btw, Bluecoats not making the top three means what ?? A terrible corps ? A horrible show ?? I think only three corps can make top three, so the rest should just give up ??

~G~

I’m as interested in anyone to see some new blood in the top three and Bluecoat would be a great addition. Although my instincts (and impression from having seen the show) tell me it’s not the year in which it will happen, I’ll agree it’s possible (we’d probably disagree on how remote the possibility is.) However, help me to understand the basis of your statement above. I’m curious about your take on Bluecoats’ history of “coming out of nowhere.” With the exception of last year, which was a great show and a great finish for them, partially aided by The Cadets imploding late in the season, I’ve found myself thoroughly enjoying Bluecoats, but “disappointed” that they couldn’t finish stronger. Frankly, in some of the recent seasons, I thought they should have finished stronger, but the judges saw it a different way. Therefore, I am curious to hear in which years/decades Bluecoats developed the reputation you mention because I’ve scratched my head and nothing seems to come to mind.

IMO, I don't see this the same way. I actually see Phantom having the most room for improvement. When I saw them (Bluecoats) in Salem, I was surprised at how clean the show was already. That sent up a lot of red flags for me...

But, that's just me....

There certainly seems to be disagreement on this issue of how clean Bluecoats are relative to the other top 7 corps. My impression from Allentown is that they were one of the cleanest, more so from a musical perspective. The two shows that struck me as having the most room for growth (a.k.a. still kind of dirty) were SCV and The Cadets (I'd probably put Phantom 3rd).