Kingsmen Alumni Corps Long Beach review (July 14, 2007)

Thank you for all the positive comments and review. Yes, we are working very hard and last night's show was to work out "first show jitters" and other logistical issues such as ideal drum major placement, etc. Some of the folks in the line haven't performed on the field in over 30 or 40 years, so this was an opportunity for all of us to shake (blast?) the cobwebs out in a full-on performance venue. Because of our camp scheduling (this weekend which just concluded, next weekend, and our August camp) we have a number of "out-of-staters" who are waiting in the wings to round out our ranks come August.

Boy do I wish I could be there to see you guys. My question is, are you documenting your experiences and performances, and can we expect a DVD ala 2006 Madison?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for all the positive comments and review. Yes, we are working very hard and last night's show was to work out "first show jitters" and other logistical issues such as ideal drum major placement, etc. Some of the folks in the line haven't performed on the field in over 30 or 40 years, so this was an opportunity for all of us to shake (blast?) the cobwebs out in a full-on performance venue. Because of our camp scheduling (this weekend which just concluded, next weekend, and our August camp) we have a number of "out-of-staters" who are waiting in the wings to round out our ranks come August.

And it showed. Let me tell you, no offense intended, but that guard of yours is something special. I raved about it in my review of Long Beach (another thread) and I do NOT say it lightly that you did blow the crowd away! (my beloved Academy did pretty darn well, too) but you guys were amazing.

Can't wait to see the Pasadena show from the field (volunteer anyone?) b**bs

And it showed. Let me tell you, no offense intended, but that guard of yours is something special. I raved about it in my review of Long Beach (another thread) and I do NOT say it lightly that you did blow the crowd away! (my beloved Academy did pretty darn well, too) but you guys were amazing.

Can't wait to see the Pasadena show from the field (volunteer anyone?) b**bs

Acad Dad,

Thanks again for your comments. We are very fortunate that a large portion of our guard are "True Blue" Kmen alums who live locally, and they have a rigourous sectional schedule. We also have a contingent of SCV alum ladies from up north that come down religiously, and to see this vast talent level at work is amazing. A number of the guard marched both Kingsmen and SCV or BD or other major corps of the era back in the day, so it is like a "supergroup" of experience. They rehearse in their boots, will kick your a** with class, take your name and do it again just in case you didn't get the message the first time. It's almost surreal to watch a cadre of late 40 & 50-something moms & wives pick up heavy equipment, step onto the field and transform before your eyes into one of the most bada** groups you'll ever see.

Edited by SCVAlumTofRGuy

Acad Dad,

Thanks again for your comments. We are very fortunate that a large portion of our guard are "True Blue" Kmen alums who live locally, and they have a rigourous sectional schedule. We also have a contingent of SCV alum ladies from up north that come down religiously, and to see this vast talent level at work is amazing. A number of the guard marched both Kingsmen and SCV or BD or other major corps of the era back in the day, so it is like a "supergroup" of experience. They rehearse in their boots, will kick your a** with class, take your name and do it again just in case you didn't get the message the first time. It's almost surreal to watch a cadre of late 40 & 50-something moms & wives pick up heavy equipment, step onto the field and transform before your eyes into one of the most bada** groups you'll ever see.

Awesome! b**bs I'm gonna get close during finals and see which ones are hot. Nothing more exciting than a lady who knows how to handle a rifle!! (just kidding) :P b**bs

All you guys should feel great about the product you have put on the field!!

Edited by Acad Dad

Great review, fanatic! Thanks...

What a great summer those Kingsmen must be having ... I'm quite certain of it! :worthy:

...you know it! With a potential 21 brother Kontras, I feel like the great lizard entering Tokyo and kinda brushin' those lil' shacks aside! :P

We range in age from early 20's to early 60's in the hornline...I don't mind saying, when the uniform is on you can't tell who's who, and the whole *thing* steps back in time.

I've thought this for about a year now; we're a big, nasty drum corps supporting a glorious color guard, they are incredible and your eyes will bug out when they make their first hit...SNAP has reappeared on the drum corps scene.

Print that...and buckle up, Pasadena.

cg

Awesome! b**bs I'm gonna get close during finals and see which ones are hot. Nothing more exciting than a lady who knows how to handle a rifle!! (just kidding) :P b**bs

All you guys should feel great about the product you have put on the field!!

They are ALL hot. :worthy::ph34r::rock:

Acad Dad,

We love our corps!

I can't wait for DCI but I am already getting teary about that final curtsy. I have met some of the most amazing people this year and these memories will last forever.

Thanks to all my friends that came to the show Saturday to cheer us on and if you get a chance, come to prelims on August 10th and know that "class is back in session" ($1.00 to the KAC)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jay B @ Jul 16 2007, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Boy do I wish I could be there to see you guys. My question is, are you documenting your experiences and performances, and can we expect a DVD ala 2006 Madison?

Yes. This show was taped from a high camera and on field by a professional camera man. And as was posted already, about an hour after the show most of us gathered at Cirivellos in L.B. for a party and were watching the show on the MANY screens throughtout the bar. THAT WAS COOL! :worthy:

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jay B @ Jul 16 2007, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Yes. This show was taped from a high camera and on field by a professional camera man. And as was posted already, about an hour after the show most of us gathered at Cirivellos in L.B. for a party and were watching the show on the MANY screens throughtout the bar. THAT WAS COOL! :worthy:

Yes, it was great to see the show so soon after it was done. You're right Chico, very, very cool!!

beyond kool man...

i don't want it to end yet!!!!