The Academy: Will they make finals?

The Academy: Hype for Legit?  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Academy make finals?

• Yes
    • No

Beat_Dead_HorseSanitysBlog.jpg

I thought we agreed, on yet another thread discussing the same c r a p about Div 1 touring, that the thing being beaten was a KANGAROO!! :worthy:

79.2 Scoreboard, baby

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand your position. You think think that Academy isn't real/"in the mix" because they do not have a full tour? Based on your logic, should the champion be decided by which Corps performs the most shows? Maybe the Corps that racks up the most miles.

Academy is clearly scoring better than other Corps that have a full tour. The scoreboard doesn't lie.

I think you need to put down the haterade and enjoy a nice, cold Diet Mountain Dew.

Make it 110 it matter not to me, sorry.

Kevin

The best part about this is YOUR opinion doesn't matter to so many...and I could care less what matters to you. Legitimate gripe...let's hear it. However, the BS has to stop. 79.2 79.2 79.2 ^0^

Whaa Whaa I can't spend the $ on travel, give me a break, let me go home for weeks and practice. No injuries, no burnout etc. BUT then let me in for the finish.

News Flash, can't do a DIv I tour, stay in Div 2 until you can do the deal. It's that simple.

News Flash ...... Divisions didn't matter when it came to Quarter Finals/Semifinals/Finals for 30 years. This Divisional Class system didn't go into effect until after 2002. The fact that the best Div 2/3 corps can't advance to go against the big boys is the biggest JIP with regards to this situation. If a Div 1 corps can't hack beating up the DIV 2/3 after doing a full tour, getting the day in day out competitive advantage and having 2 to 3 times more reads from judges ..... then maybe they should drop to Div 2.

Touring has to do with FINANCES. This has nothing to do with Academy .... it has nothing to do with Troopers/PC/Cascades........ it has everything to do with being fiscally responsible and finally having a parent organization that supports nurturing young upstart (and highly competitive) corps without forcing them into bankruptcy.

You may want to check corpsreps.com and see how many Open Class/Div 1 corps did less than 40 shows a year in the past. Odds are ... you'll find plenty that only did 20-25 and it had everything to do with connecting the dots on the map in a way that made sense.

Quit crying because a Regional Div 1 corps is wiping the floor with your homer corps. They'll be doing a full tour in no time. Better yet .. support their excellence and learn something from their model of growth and stability.

</rant>

Back ON topic ... yes they will make finals. It will probably take an 87+ just to get in this year but I think they have the vehicle and the talent to get there.

News Flash ...... Divisions didn't matter when it came to Quarter Finals/Semifinals/Finals for 30 years. This Divisional Class system didn't go into effect until after 2002. The fact that the best Div 2/3 corps can't advance to go against the big boys is the biggest JIP with regards to this situation. If a Div 1 corps can't hack beating up the DIV 2/3 after doing a full tour, getting the day in day out competitive advantage and having 2 to 3 times more reads from judges ..... then maybe they should drop to Div 2.

Touring has to do with FINANCES. This has nothing to do with Academy .... it has nothing to do with Troopers/PC/Cascades........ it has everything to do with being fiscally responsible and finally having a parent organization that supports nurturing young upstart (and highly competitive) corps without forcing them into bankruptcy.

You may want to check corpsreps.com and see how many Open Class/Div 1 corps did less than 40 shows a year in the past. Odds are ... you'll find plenty that only did 20-25 and it had everything to do with connecting the dots on the map in a way that made sense.

Quit crying because a Regional Div 1 corps is wiping the floor with your homer corps. They'll be doing a full tour in no time. Better yet .. support their excellence and learn something from their model of growth and stability.

</rant>

Back ON topic ... yes they will make finals. It will probably take an 87+ just to get in this year but I think they have the vehicle and the talent to get there.

I love ya, man :worthy:

...is the biggest JIP...

That's spelled GYP as in GYPSIES. (Go Glassmen!!)

I think that the Academy has put themselves in a rough spot. Like I've said somewhere else before, if their show is complex enough to make Finals, they might find themselves sorely lacking the reads to make their show Finals-quality. Or, they may learn what they need to do to make it Finals-Ready too late to make any changes and get them clean enough.

Again, my $0.02.

Edited to remove the World's Longest Run-On Sentence.

Edited by OUTrumprano

I think that the Academy has put themselves in a rough spot. Like I've said somewhere else before, if their show is complex enough to make Finals, they might find themselves sorely lacking the reads to make their show Finals-quality. Or, they may learn what they need to do to make it Finals-Ready too late to make any changes and get them clean enough.

Again, my $0.02.

Awesome. That's an opinion with a valid point That is fine and we'll see as the rest of the season plays out, won't we. That is a legitimate concern/argument and one that people are anxious to see the results of. But....come to me when you've logged 4,700 miles and then we'll talk... Puleeease!

Again, my $0.02.

I must disagree there...the time off from touring certainly didn't hurt them...as they are currently sitting in 10th place based purely on scoring. Any comparison or assertion that their lack of touring like everyone else (who's running themselves into the ground) means precisely dick ($1 to Tommy Lee Jones in "MIB")

The naysayers are acting like they don't have a staff with the skills to raise the execution...CLEARLY they do.

Academy's model works....####### get over it.

Besides....someone check me on this, but didn't Mandarins used t do much the same thing back in their Div III days??? Tour the west region, then go home and clean and go out to finals?? i seem to recall a NUMBER of Div III titles in that time....

Whaa Whaa I can't spend the $ on travel, give me a break, let me go home for weeks and practice. No injuries, no burnout etc. BUT then let me in for the finish.

News Flash, can't do a DIv I tour, stay in Div 2 until you can do the deal. It's that simple.

Most injuries happen during rehearsals, not traveling or during a show.

I personally got more burned out during spring training and long stretches of rehearsal days than I ever did traveling and doing shows.