This year's Cadets show

Please someone print DEFINITIVELY what was said in Atlanta (or most recently as possible) before this argument continues.....

Actually, she mumbles sarcastically through the whole show:

"I believe that The Feminine Mystique is correct. I believe The Feminine Mistake is correct. I believe in the glass ceiling, 'cause I cracked it. I believe that Gloria Steinem is a hippy. I belive that Naomi Wolf should get out more. I believe Andrea Dworkin looks for phallic symbols in everything she writes. I believe that ads that show people having a good time with their winged maxi-pads are speaking just to me. I believe that Nair is, indeed, made for those of us who like to wear short shorts. I believe I need a new haircut. I believe that that girl next to me who said she was on birth control just to keep her "regular" is full of it. I believe that Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are, like, so relatable to people in my age group. I believe that I'm gonna eat a PB&J off the food truck, since that chicken crap they serve is disgusting. I believe I need my eyebrows plucked. I believe that "Hee Haw" is a show full of tragic geniuses, especially Buck Owens....huh,...what?, oh yeah....I believe in choice. This I believe."

Additionally, if you play the Cadets show backwards she also professes a deep belief in Satan, Nestle Crunch Blizzards™ from Dairy Queen and Michael Cesario as a pagan god of dark chocolate.

That, you can believe.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no surprise that there won't be any Cadet declaring, "I believe in life."

Because that wouldnt really fit the show now would it. If you read his blog, then you should know how he defines choice.

"I believe that The Feminine Mystique is correct. I believe The Feminine Mistake is correct. I believe in the glass ceiling, 'cause I cracked it. I believe that Gloria Steinem is a hippy. I belive that Naomi Wolf should get out more. I believe Andrea Dworkin looks for phallic symbols in everything she writes. I believe that ads that show people having a good time with their winged maxi-pads are speaking just to me. I believe that Nair is, indeed, made for those of us who like to wear short shorts. I believe I need a new haircut. I believe that that girl next to me who said she was on birth control just to keep her "regular" is full of it. I believe that Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are, like, so relatable to people in my age group. I believe that I'm gonna eat a PB&J off the food truck, since that chicken crap they serve is disgusting. I believe I need my eyebrows plucked. I believe that "Hee Haw" is a show full of tragic geniuses, especially Buck Owens....huh,...what?, oh yeah....I believe in choice. This I believe."

Additionally, if you play the Cadets show backwards she also professes a deep belief in Satan, Nestle Crunch Blizzards from Dairy Queen and Michael Cesario as a pagan god of dark chocolate.

That, you can believe.

Dang....you've convinced me :)

Additionally, if you play the Cadets show backwards she also professes a deep belief in Satan, Nestle Crunch Blizzards from Dairy Queen and Michael Cesario as a pagan god of dark chocolate.

That, you can believe.

Awesome.

That, you can believe.

:spit:

That's twice today, Bawker!

Ok, you have wasted enough of our time. This is an art. If this is truly what YOU believe is being expressed, then so be it. You don't have to like it. You SHOULD be appreciating the young performers giving you their heart and soul for 10 mins. That should be worth the ticket price alone. If you truly believe that there is a conspiracy to bring us subliminal political jargon, then that is YOUR experience you have taken from their performance. It is a different experience for the other couple thousand in the stands. Please do your homework on what this show is about, and what it represents. Do not speak with authority on the Cadet's show design until you have sat in that meeting, and heard what the premise is. For god sakes, ENJOY THE CORPS....all of them!

Let me quote Oscar Wilde, the face of existentialism: "They call it ART because it is"

Chew on that for a min, and get back to me.

Meanwhile, PLEASE for the love of all that is drumcorps, close this thread.

[/quot

Well, first of all, nothing at all in my remarks can possibly be construed as a " conspiracy ".

Secondly, I made it clear that there is no "subliminal message " at work here. When a Women tells you about her belief system and tells you that " I BELIEVE IN CHOICE !!....... are you telling us, that her comments to you were somehow " subliminal " and you are not quite sure what she's referring too ?

And you are a breath of fresh for free speach and tolerance, huh ? So you want to shut down discussion of a show design until ( your words ) "until you've sat in on a ( staff ) meeting and heard what the premise is ". Boy, with those standards for discussion, you are sure going to shut the lights out for the people at DCP because virtually nobody has those standards you want to create for posters here.

And I 'll "chew on" what I want thank you very much. If you READ my initial post above on this thread I clearly stated that there was much to like regarding The Cadets show, and that it was performed well ( can we still call somebody " numbnuts " on here, when they comment, but can't comprehend that you said you did find things that you liked about The Cadets show ?..... just askin')

And isn't it great when a poster comes on late in a thread, makes his comments without reading other posters comments made, miscontrues a posters position, makes his point by telling us what we need to " chew on " in his comments, then demands the topic thread be closed because he's not interested in it, nor anyone else's position or comment.on the topic either ? Ya, right. Happy Trails to you, Mr. Brassinstructor.

Edited by X DM

I believe that "Hee Haw" is a show full of tragic geniuses, especially Buck Owens....huh,...what?, oh yeah....I believe in choice. This I believe." [/b]

You know who Buck Owens is and Hee Haw!!

Now I don' t feel that OLD!!!! :P

I don't like the narration at all, but I think it serves a pretty good purpose for people who aren't familiar with drum corps at all. I think about friends of mine who might be flipping channels during the espn broadcast, and the fact that there's such a big narrative about the drum corps experience might be the one hook that would actually keep them watching. So, for all of those who harp on getting new fans, this is actually a very effective way of doing that...

I don't like the narration at all, but I think it serves a pretty good purpose for people who aren't familiar with drum corps at all. I think about friends of mine who might be flipping channels during the espn broadcast, and the fact that there's such a big narrative about the drum corps experience might be the one hook that would actually keep them watching. So, for all of those who harp on getting new fans, this is actually a very effective way of doing that...

Lance, I hear you, but this particular thread topic is really not about the pros and cons of " narration ".

Edited by X DM