Cavaliers Basses

Colts 02..

Cavs 03-present.

I sat next to him on the bus during november camp.

That's a negative, sir. Kevin was a mellophone alternate in 2004 and ended up marching trumpet when all was said and done. He's been marching mellophone since 2005.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're thinking of Jeff Brown. He aged out last season with 6 patches.. sick little monkey.

now there's a kid I miss!! He started when he was 16 so I basically got to watch him grow up.. now I guess it's the same with Kevin.

You never realize it until they're ready to leave the nest, I guess! :(

ahh the stories of strong bad giving the double deuce.

I remember Kevin actually came to a couple of show in 2003 before he filled a contra spot. Yes little kevin marched contra for the second half of the Colts 2003 season. He's a freakin' BEAST. He was fun to tour with. I remember in his first show in Saline Kansas he almost missed the last set (nevermind the fact that he learned the entire show in 3 days on the contra) and felt horrible for it. I remember patting him on the back and congratulating him for accomplishing something that few other people could do.

ahh the stories of strong bad giving the double deuce.

:o

HOLY POO HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Did i tell you about that?

Edited by ScribeToo

I wish I could tell you.. he's been there almost as long as I have (and I started working with the corps in 99

Are you on staff??

nope. I'm a volunteer (mostly off season since I'm local).

a little info for you guys on Cavies' top bass.

His name is Richard. Went to Reagan HS, goes to UT Austin, marched Cadet's pit 05-06(I believe). As stated before, this is his ageout.

Great guy, good hands, great marcher even for his short status.

He marched along side me in indoor for a season, glad to see him finally able to play bass for his ageout.

Top bass is an 18 inch drum I believe.

I've marched them before and they aren't heavy at all.

18 inch bass drums! That's funny. They aren't heavy because they're nothing more than a glorified tenor drum being played vertically. All bass drums are now so small and cranked up so high, that there is basically no more BASS sound in a drumline anymore............