1. 1. Who does the best ENCORE?

• Cavaliers
    • Cadets
    • Phantom
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • SCV
    • Crown
  2. 2. do you usually stay for the encores?

• always
    • just if i feel like it
    • rarely
  3. 3. do you like the pre-determined encores or do you wish it was the winner like it was for years...?

• like it how it is now-
    • liked it better before-

man- so it really feels like in the last couple of years that encores have taken a turn for the...awesome? I mean... at MTSU cadets did, i wanna say, about 6 songs... and it was just an awesome time... i've seen, er i mean, heard of phantom doing a lot of cool songs for their encores too-

i had seen about 4 Cavies encores before (when only the winner got to play) where they played Rainbow and then part of their show and that was it... kinda left me thinking "that was kinda cool i guess"...

but i mean- the cadets and phantom encores i've seen have just been out of this world awesome... who do you think has the best?

I have seen all these groups do an encore in the last couple years besides SCV and Crown...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like encores the way it is now. This way, corps who would never get the chance to do one now have the opportunity.

One of the best encores I can remember was seeing Spirit Of Georgia (that's what they were called that year) in 1993 in Boone, NC.

"Georgia" was so loud my ears rang for a good long while....and the echo in the stadium in the mountains was icing.

As far as now, based on the amount of stuff they play....I'd say Phantom's encores are among the best.

I just like hearing corps play songs that AREN'T in the show... I like seeing what else everyone can play. Personally, hearing show music again is, dare I say, boring? You never go to a rock concert and hear their second song repeated for the encore, do you? Not at any concert I've been to. :P

SCV:worthy:

Edited by KevinSop85

A bit biased?? Yes -- the Madison Scouts

Historically....Cadets have put on the best encores that I have seen. Recently, my homeboys at Crown have done a pretty good job. I also enjoy BD's encores but only because of the sheer volume at which they play.

its not up there so no vote

Crown's "Boogie Wonderland" this year is great.