San Antonio Webcast HQ

Huh? I seem to remember a little thing called the first amendment. Teaching kids that it's only good to have an opinion that matches yours even if it's not the truth (or not your opinion), is not a good idea. I believe there was a man in Germany who had the same philosophy, a Mr. Hitler.

That is not my philosophy, even a critique about their show is fine, but not the bad mouthing that I was reading by some people. Cut throat, I hate this corp, hope they get beat by 15 points to shut them up, or things like that is what I was talking about. So don't compare me to Hitler. But positive criticism will get you farther than negative criticism. There is a difference. Hitler was not positive and he killed people who weren't the same as his ideal, that is not what I am saying. Go ahead and make critiques, but remember who you are critiqueing and be positive in the critique. That doesn't mean you have to like a show, but don't bad mouth the corp or the kids in it because you don't like them. That is what I am saying. The first ammendment gives you the freedom of speech, but even that has been tested when someone is held libel for slander and such. Just remember that these kids read these too (when they can get a wireless or access to a computer) and to be more positive in how you critique a corp. Saying you don't like the music or the drill is fine but saying that a corp sucks or using #$##@ to talk about a corp is not positive. Not all the posts are negative, I was addressing those negative, hateful posts.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what happened to the scores from tonights performance?

They aren't coming up on DCI, only the afternoon scores.

The only corps placement I agree with is Crown. In fact, they could've been higher. I guess I can see BD winning, and although I'm a die hard fan of cavies, I would be appalled if they won with that music. I feel that Phantom could've been higher, Bluecoats lower and SCV should've tied with someone higher simply outta respect for them in having to go before intermission. Hmm, oh well.

It'll be interesting to hear the comparisons between us here in cyberland and those who heard Academy live. Maybe there's a huge difference. I had them in the 12 spot.

I think the judges did an excellent job in the afternoon show. The placements fell out exactly like I called it at the show. The spreads made sense too. Academy deserved 10th without question in my opinion.

Scores, placements, and spreads in the night show - that's another story.

When on earth was the last time we had 13 corps break 80 at a regional, regardless of date?

Blue Stars were robbed.

Kinda tells you how good everyone is this year, eh?

And no, Blue Stars were not robbed. They placed exactly where they deserved today. But thanks for the sentiment (I'm a biased parent :) ).

<**> Politics against Narration are starting to show I guess ^OO^

Too bad .. because YEA! was the best corps tonight.

Okay. What the #### is this spread? No way in hell. Cadets were definitely far superior to the Cavaliers, and they were if not batter than the Blue Devils, at least much MUCH closer in score. The judges ####ed up.

Nice attitude... :huh:

Huh? I seem to remember a little thing called the first amendment. Teaching kids that it's only good to have an opinion that matches yours even if it's not the truth (or not your opinion), is not a good idea. I believe there was a man in Germany who had the same philosophy, a Mr. Hitler.

Though I agree with what I think you're trying to say (we shouldn't have to be "nice" about everything we say..these are teenagers, not 4 year olds...) I get really tired of people bringing up "The First Amendment" for stuff like this. Actually, the First Amendment prohibits the Government from telling you what you can and can't say, and even then, there are exceptions.

Terrible that such a wonderful right is used in such a stupid manner. Bashing kids in other corps, the corps themselves or the activity in general only makes common sense if there is a constructively critical reason for doing so. Even then, it should be done above a 6th-grade intelligence level. Note I said should and not must. Do what you like, but if it makes you seem like an ###, that's no ones fault but your own.

Come to think of it, I believe there is a woman up north who does this daily, a Ms. She-who-must-not-be-named...

Edited by radiosteele

and wtf @ pr 4th in music? tonight was messed up... scv needs to step back up, crown wasn't THAT cool, the judges need to stop freaking robbing phantom, blue devils have a boring show, cadets are in third with the cleanest and most energized show?

... maybe i'm just biased. part of me is just mad at everything because scv got cockblocked by crown. CROWN.

hehe it's ok to admit Crown earned that placement....let it out

in the words of Jack Nicholson "goooooosefrabba" :P

and wtf @ pr 4th in music? tonight was messed up... scv needs to step back up, crown wasn't THAT cool, the judges need to stop freaking robbing phantom, blue devils have a boring show, cadets are in third with the cleanest and most energized show?

... maybe i'm just biased. part of me is just mad at everything because scv got cockblocked by crown. CROWN.

Well..if you havent noticed..said Carolina Crown is pretty #### good this year...

SCV got beat fair and square. CC was the better corps saturday.