C R O W N ! !

No kidding...silly topic merges...I went looking for my topic and it changed titles!

Anyway. Hear that, Crown? That's fate. Knock knock.

I wasn't saying anything you didn't know already, apparently.

:)

Keep it up.

:huh:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredibly happy and proud to be an alum of this organization.

I got tons of happy texts about their placement. It's really great they're finally experiencing this!!!

Has anyone noticed that the 12 rifles at the end of crowns show, put on the numbered racing skirts that horses wear in a race?

And more importantly to me, or funny i should say!! the colors are representative of the top twelve drum corps??

correct me if im wrong, but i saw burgandy with gold number, cream and purple, on the winner of course, vanguards red and green, cavies black and green. etc.... for all 12

check it out i didnt really notice till the guard ( who is outstanding to say the least) walked past the audience after the show, when they have them on! I think its hysterical!!

I wonder if the corps is planning on having some fun with this come dci finals..... you know,12 horse race...12 corps in finals, the triple crown, belmont, preakness, kentucky derby= quarters, semis, finals....oh the dark horse.

i cant wait to see what new things crown has in store for this show! I love all the details!!!

This is why I like DCP. Now I know to look for this, without I would not have noticed…

I really love the William Tell Overture… I just watched the Atlanta show again and the music is just amazing.

Thanks Crown!

We have come such a long way since mine and Crown's first summer in 1990. This is a very special momment for our corps.

It seems like yesterday we were wearing our chef's jacket with the Velcro Teal Crown.

b**bs

Ah, I remember the chef jackets well, from 1992. And I still have my velcro teal Crown.

When I saw the show in Benson, and watched the corps perform the encorps with class and joy, I felt moved to send Kevin Smith and the corps an email to express my pride in how this organization has grown.

As a proud alum, I take joy not only in the show, and the corps members, and the success, but also by the reaction of the drum corps community.

Put another way: I'm diggin' all the love.

Thanks to all, and thanks to Carolina Crown. Relish every second.

LUSH!

Reminiscent of the Garfield Cadets from New Jersey of yesteryear.

Same Brass program. Two and a half decades later, but it still works!

Hands down! There is no other choice this season.

Agreed!

Like many, I have heard of Donnie Van Doren. I got to meet him in person during warm-up at the San Antone show... a cordial gentleman. I love his approach of not trying to wins horns in the parking lot (thought I am a BD fan) but more so the techniques he uses. Very interesting, and I love their sound on and off the field.

Love the show, love the sound, love the progress...keep it up!

I turned to fick at SA finals after their performance and simply said, "Welcome back STAR, huh?!" I mean that in a positive way. Sound is remarkably similar. Still not as intense, but in a couple of years this corps is going places.

Question: Could this year be called Crown's equivalent to Star 90? Different books--talking about where it leads them.

Dear Crown,

I was just writing to ask whether you can help me to find some affordable psychological services, because your performances have caused me to develop somewhat of an identity crisis.

I love my old corps, and I would never leave her. But I'm falling in love with you, too.

I don't know what to do. But I think I'll start by buying a t-shirt. Call me about the shrink, or at least send me a CD to help me through my troubles.

<3