Places that need drum corps

(Note: Yes, I know "Need" is a rather strong word; but you know what I mean.)

One wish that most drum corps fans have is, well, more drum corps. If you could start a new corps anywhere in the country (or world), where would it be?

For me, the obvious choice is Washington, D.C. There's a lot of talent in that area. I think a corps from D.C. could be very competitive.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Note: Yes, I know "Need" is a rather strong word; but you know what I mean.)

One wish that most drum corps fans have is, well, more drum corps. If you could start a new corps anywhere in the country (or world), where would it be?

For me, the obvious choice is Washington, D.C. There's a lot of talent in that area. I think a corps from D.C. could be very competitive.

amen...now that Crossmen are gone, the only Div 1 corps in th northeast/mid-atlantic is The Cadets...

Maybe another thought would be to have Boston actually be from Boston again

ST LOUIS

Atlanta area.

Atlanta area.

And South Georgia too.

There's enough brass players in the Valdosta and Lowndes County bands (along with Valdosta St. Univ.) the start about 3 or 4 corps with 135 members each.

If you give this some thought, you can see that there are good choices in just about all decent logistical areas, with a real "old fashioned" style choice needed here in the Chicago area. Here, we have Cavaliers, Phantom, Madison, Blue Stars, Colts, Pioneer, and even Bluecoats, Glassmen and Cap Reg aren't that out of the question, even they MIGHT be about even choices for easterners. Since Crossmen have moved to Texas, that would be a nice choice for many. Blue Knights, Cascades and Troopers have a good approximation to cover that area up there, and Academy is the logical choice for any in the southwest. I don't have to tell anyone here about California. Crown, Spirit and Southwind can manage a decent and reasonable drive from many places covering the southeast.

It's a little sad that the east has somewhat fallen apart from a jr. corps standpoint, but Cadets and BAC seem to be the biggest survivors there. SO... I would agree that another corps or two from that area would be the logical choice. But there is an awesome supply of all-ager corps there in the east, so that is indeed atleast another choice available for those that just can't afford the time or cost of traveling so far to march.

I wouldn't mind to have a SECOND Kentucky corps.

YES, I said it.

It's a little sad that the east has somewhat fallen apart from a jr. corps standpoint, but Cadets and BAC seem to be the biggest survivors there. SO... I would agree that another corps or two from that area would be the logical choice. But there is an awesome supply of all-ager corps there in the east, so that is indeed atleast another choice available for those that just can't afford the time or cost of traveling so far to march.

We're working on it. :-)