Will the Bluecoats pass the Cavies?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The things that Cavaliers totally own right now are the GE categories. Simply put, they can perform and sell their show like no other team in the activity. What will it take for the Bluecoats to beat them? The 'Coats are going to have to gain that swagger that the Cavlaiers always have.

The things that Cavaliers totally own right now are the GE categories. Simply put, they can perform and sell their show like no other team in the activity. What will it take for the Bluecoats to beat them? The 'Coats are going to have to gain that swagger that the Cavlaiers always have.

Agree with that. The 'Coats have the show to pass Cavs, Cadets and even Devs. But they need to have that "top 3 swagger" to do it. They need to bring the fire.

It seems the Cavaliers have a quite a bit of room to grow, performance wise. Bluecoats are making some nice additions to an already awesome show, and they are all working to create a nice flow. Crown is also on the right track... ;) I don't know if you've seen The Cavaliers' show lately. It is a big de creciendo in musical performance and effect from the beginning to the end, due to (i think) fatigue in the members. 'Specially the hornline. That show is very taxing on the members, and with that new ending I think they are even approaching the beginning of the show with a little more hesitance, to save some energy for the end. What I think: if they are going to put a difficult show on the field I don't want to know its difficult. I'm hearing rumors of 250+ sets, most of which are very fast tempos and large stepsizes. I don't care how hard it is if they sound like a sub-par hornline on the move. They've got a few weeks of training and some shows to pull it together. I think they can do it, and when they do I think the show will put them at a higher level than anyone thought they'd be at this season.

Also, the Bluecoats don't seem to have that extra sparkle that those top corps have...yet. I'm talking mainly visually, in marching performance. I think if they pull that together it will add a level of professionalism to the already kick ### show and I think they could pass up the cadets. Maybe even BD...

Edited by beavs

If the corps are equally clean, Coats should beat Cavies by close to a point.

totally disagree.

And, wouldn't the coats have to beat Cadets before getting to Cavaliers?

I was thinking the same thing!!

Coats beat the Cavies in A-town right? If they did it then they still can.

totally disagree.

And, wouldn't the coats have to beat Cadets before getting to Cavaliers?

Not if Cadets aren't at the show.

IMO, Coats have one of the most well integrated shows in terms of their theme and the entire corps selling that theme (the other corps in this category being Crown). Cavies for me were not their usual stellar selves. . .great, but nothing that wowed me and sent me home wanting to see the show again and again and again.

Heck, I wish Coats would catch everyone of the top 3.

Are you actually saying that you don't think the Cadets will/should win?? :doh: