Question about older DCI cds

I have seen older DCI CDs on ebay as "Collector's Series" box sets. I went on the DCI website and can't find any way to purchase older DCI cds of complete shows prior to 1997. What is DCI's logic in not making them available. The downloads won't work on my ipod.

I wait for enlightenment........... :(

I have seen older DCI CDs on ebay as "Collector's Series" box sets. I went on the DCI website and can't find any way to purchase older DCI cds of complete shows prior to 1997. What is DCI's logic in not making them available. The downloads won't work on my ipod.

Hmmm...so what you need to do is convert the .wma file from the downloads to a .mp3, right?

There should be a freeware product out there to do such a thing.

Try this, maybe:

http://www.wma-mp3.org/

iTunes can also do it, instructions are here:

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/2005...wma_to_mp3.html

Unless DCI's process is wonky, one of these solutions ought to work.

Or perhaps DCI wants to pretend that drum corps didn't exist before 2001. Or if it did, it should be remembered as "nostalgia." SNIFF

Well, they are available, but just in wma... I'd expect that to change in the not-to-distant future. Ipod-friendly is the way to go anymore, ya know?

Anyhow, the logic was that they'd be made available online, letting users pick what they wanted instead of having to get 5 years at a time.

What version of iTunes are you using? You SHOULD be able to drag the .wma files from DCI onto iTunes, which will then convert them to .mp3 or AAC format, depending on which format you've set iTunes to rip tracks as. You'll then be able to play them on your iPod.

What version of iTunes are you using? You SHOULD be able to drag the .wma files from DCI onto iTunes, which will then convert them to .mp3 or AAC format, depending on which format you've set iTunes to rip tracks as. You'll then be able to play them on your iPod.

I am on a MAC 3G with ITunes 6. I know there is a newer version of ITunes but can't run it on my present system. When I downloaded Star of Indiana and was not able to open with ITunes I emailed the DCI tech and was told the downloads were not compatible with itunes.

The Legacy DVDs blow a hole through that theory.

It's not really a "theory," more like an "opinion."

And the Legacy DVDs are nothing but nostalgia.

I am on a MAC 3G with ITunes 6. I know there is a newer version of ITunes but can't run it on my present system. When I downloaded Star of Indiana and was not able to open with ITunes I emailed the DCI tech and was told the downloads were not compatible with itunes.

I just downloaded some APDs a few days ago and iTunes immediately converted them without a problem. I might have iTunes 7 (can't remember for sure) so try getting the latest version - that will probably fix your problem.

I also have been buying APDs this year and my iTunes converts them automatically. I just drag them from the desktop to the playlist I want them in and it does the rest. No idea which version I'm running. Sound quality on them is very very good btw.