See You in Naperville!

I hope that was worth the read... I suck at critical reviews, because I like everyone!

No, it wasn't worth it...you suck!

hammer.gifboink3.gifpieface.gifsmack.gifso_lachend_259.gifsign0070.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the review. I always enjoy hearing what folks think about the shows that are put out on the field.

I think your manner of reviewing is not one that I enjoy, though. Your opinions come across clearly and I can appreciate that but, I don't like to see an entire show ripped apart because you don't care for about 15 seconds of what you saw in that show.

To each his own - were the easels really that bad???

They didn't add anything to the show. It was just clutter. Why couldn't they have put paintings in the style of Picasso on the easels? That would be cool. Just a plain easel, though? If I hadn't read about the show beforehand, I wouldn't have gotten it. People around me didn't. An easel in and of itself is meaningless.

No, it wasn't worth it...you suck!

hammer.gifboink3.gifpieface.gifsmack.gifso_lachend_259.gifsign0070.gif

so_crazy_003.gif

Thanks Jas... what a pal what a pal! :grouphug:

Hey! These guys were there last night, too! The "Classic Cavaliers!"

I thought, as did many of the people standing around me, thought they sounded GREAT!! I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a few of these guys in the CAC 2008 show... My buddy says to me: "Those guys can play! They're playing some good stuff out there!" And indeed they were! :grouphug:

100_0657.jpg

to whom it may concern re: scheduling a show in Naperville on a Friday night:

At any rate, I liked "Pressure" better the first time I saw it five years ago as "Fight Club." What, did the Cavaliers' creativity die along with Donald Stephens or something? What kind of a shameless rehash job was that. They're probably going to form a box around the drumline and do a Backstreet Boy dance every year now. As jaded as I am with this dreck, it's still a very good show. 6/8

You know, I don't agree that they are the same. But I went back and watched to be sure. The only similarity I can find are the use of vocals.

FC: Starts by banging on the horns and goes into vocals 1, 1-and, 1-and 2, then dies away as percussion takes over.

P: Pressure starts with percussion and different sections shout from different parts of the field, but the vocals get louder and take over.

FC: horns run in snakey kind of forms around the color guard who starts dancing

P: starts in straight line and folds out from center with little groups of brass, percussion broken up, and guard in giant block with rifle

FC: big ending is with percussion on one side and brass and guard together on other side doing quite a long movement phrase that begins with guard member being tossed

P: big ending is brass around percussion while rifles do a massive exchange while horns slide to ground pointing to percussion

I really don't see any similarities other than the use of vocals. And when it comes to THAT, Cavaliers are certainly not the biggest offenders! :) The drill is not the same, the music is not the same, the phrasing of the music is not the same, the guard is on different equipment, there is no big movement feature for the horns, and no guard member is thrown.

PS This is based upon Pressure from a couple of weeks ago...not sure if there have been any changes.

Edited by justanopinion

What do they look like? They were solid black screens in San Antonio.

sorry this picture is awful... but gives you an idea. I was too far away from PR to get any decent pics of them. But they have added a hue of purplish color to the screens... in a textured kind of "rag-rolled" look. Gives kind of an illusion of a dusk-like sky...

100_0648.jpg