I saw the Troopers show in Racine in June and knew they had a great show, but had some serious work to do. I must admit when I saw it that first time I was kind of in the critique mode and not really "enjoying" the shows.

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing and enjoying what is one killer show with some really GREAT moments. I would rank it right up with Crown's show as far as being "fan-friendly".

Then...the scores were announced. 73.5.

I was pretty disappointed that PC and Cascades beat them, and the margin was 2+ points. I will say, that this show should be bumping up next to 80.

Perhaps I am biased and not thinking clearly (since they changed my medication a couple days ago), so I ask of those of you who have seen the show recently if you think I'm off my rocker?

Edited by Granny Smith

You are right on Granny-I think the 78 Troop received this week in Hutchinson is far more accurate opposed to the 73.5 last night........I have seen every Division I corps this year and I have to say that Crown, Troop, and the Colts are all that is RIGHT about Drum Corps International. From an old-school guy who is becoming an endangered species in this activity, thank you Crown, Colts and Troop for giving us wonderful, wonderful programs.

Nope... the Troop was hosed last night. I felt their show bested Crossmen, Glassmen, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Cascades... Academy, who I was very impressed with, would get the nod over the Troop.

Easily an 80-81 show and performance last night. I dig the BD feel of the second number.

I've only seen the ATL and SA webcasts...so i dont know if they are getting "hosed" or not...but theyve been stuck in the low 70's for a while...and im doubting its because of lack of improvement...going on early in the night does some lame things to good corps like the troop...

ps...i really enjoyed their show

Go Troop! :laugh::laugh:

Edited by Supersop08

I saw Troopers at a show all the way back in Toledo and absolutely loved it!! :laugh:

In fact they were my first live Drum and Bugle corps I ever saw! I have a feeling I will never forget it!

No one wants them to fail! Well I think at least! :huh: Who wants to See Troop in top 12? I do!!! :huh: even though I know its no where near possible :sshh:

Keep it up troop! Just keep plugging away! Your time will come :music:

:laugh: Go Troop!!!!!!!

Edited by Supersop08

I for one certainly would've given them a little more GE love in Denver.

Me too. I actually had them over Cascades by a skosh but who knows how much of that comes from my excitement at seeing them back so strong.

I think that if they would hae went on third instead of 1st, they would have been ahead of Cascades---but overall, the show was killer.

The rowd really wanted to give it to them to, and they did. The sunburst was not perfect, but it still radiated pure magic.

Great show for the Troop. I am pumped to see them in Utah tomorrow night!!!