Cavie fans, help me...

Andy Toth of the guard staff talks about some of the movement concepts in the show on the corps' YouTube page. See if what he says helps make things a little clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIznX1WWCYU

In terms of 'how are they scoring where they are?' it's because the judges are seeing what they're doing within each caption and rewarding it accordingly. All anyone's gonna have to do this year is be close to the top in enough captions to win, since it's unlikely the winner will be taking more than one or two captions. Break the individual categories down, and they're still very competitive in each, hence the placement.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the falling down is a ode to Mr Joel's drinking? :laugh:

Andy Toth of the guard staff talks about some of the movement concepts in the show on the corps' YouTube page. See if what he says helps make things a little clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIznX1WWCYU

In terms of 'how are they scoring where they are?' it's because the judges are seeing what they're doing within each caption and rewarding it accordingly. All anyone's gonna have to do this year is be close to the top in enough captions to win, since it's unlikely the winner will be taking more than one or two captions. Break the individual categories down, and they're still very competitive in each, hence the placement.

Very much appreciated.

I have never seen nor will I Mr. Joel. No fan here, but if someone has and feels that falling is part of his shtick, then thanks for the info. This is one show that has a lot of it.

Maybe they're doing it intentionally at the beginning so that if someone falls down by accident during the new/demanding ending then no one will notice it was a mistake. :)

Check out the videos that Cavies are putting out this year. One of the latest ones has Andy Toth (their guard designer) explaining their show.

The rolling around on the ground symbolizes falling down in life and having to pick yourself up - yeah I know, I never would have gotten that either.

The video explaining the show is very good. You can find it on youtube (and yes it's an official Cavaliers video - so no problem).

Later,

Mike

Doesn't mean it's automatically bad either.

This is true. IMO a very hard show performed at a expert level, will score high then a moderate difficulty show performed at the same level.

but thats just my take.

I saw the Andy Toth video on the cavaliers site, I agree that I wouldn't have ever gotten that. But when you think about it, it kinda makes sense.

Maybe it's a way of getting in the song: "It's Still Rock and ROLL to me!"

:P

hah hah rock and ROLL...I get it...I love punny/corny humor...keep it coming.

Think of it as another way to carve out space on the field three-dimensionally, like the ladders in 2005....that's what I get out of it.

Space... the final frontier :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: