Cavie fans, help me...

So I have a question and LEGIT one at that. It was answered and then the wars start. You say no one reads it anyway, yet YOU READ IT. Are you a no one? Anyway, if drum corps is to exist for much longer, IT HAD BETTER CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK. Now go back to your middle schoolers... who could care less what their teacher has to say?

I teach middle school and my kids care a lot about what I say. Even if I say the corp kids don't read this, doesn't mean I don't think it isn't a fun place to go and talk to you guys, I am sure she feels the same way. But don't bash her career and make is seems like what she is spending her life doing is meaningless. That is what it sounds like when you say her middle schoolers could care less what their teacher has to say.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAH! They're just a bunch of boys.. nothing to be scared of...

well.. okay maybe.. but I guarantee you won't fall asleep behind the wheel.. :)

Stef

My son rode the drum bus for 3 years! I looked on it one time and that was as far as I got. It is a strange place!! He had a ball and learned a lot (LOL). I always say he grew up on the drum bus! Started at the back and ended up in the front his last year ('06).

I didn't realize that me not liking the Cavaliers was a slap in the face to the entire Drum Corps world. I don't enjoy their style of show. If people are not allowed to have opinions, then why do we judge this activity? Why not just have the corps play their shows and we can all sit back and enjoy it (or not.) I'm not suggesting that members of the Cavaliers don't work hard, don't have the same great experiences I had in Regiment. I just don't care for their shows. I know it is a personal thing for some of you, just like it would be if I read that someone didn't care for Regment, but lets not get carried away. Perhaps we sometimes take ourselves and this activity a little too seriously.

I teach middle school and my kids care a lot about what I say. Even if I say the corp kids don't read this, doesn't mean I don't think it isn't a fun place to go and talk to you guys, I am sure she feels the same way. But don't bash her career and make is seems like what she is spending her life doing is meaningless. That is what it sounds like when you say her middle schoolers could care less what their teacher has to say.

Look at the end of the sentence. It has a question mark, that way she can answer it. I am not putting down teaching, but merely showing that the statement she made about NOBODY reads or CARES about what any of us have to say can be turned right back at her.

Hey, MODS.... Can you please lock this. My question was honestly answered and now the thread has been hijacked to become a bash other corps thread.

Edited by 84skyrydr

What has dcp turned into these days?

It makes me a sad panda. :(

Tai_Shan.jpg

Edited by ScribeToo